7/25/22 - Version 4.5c (Build 950) Patch Release
- Referees can now be drawn for any match (individual or team) that has a strip and time assigned, even if the competitors are unknown.
- After assigning pool/match times in first round of an event, if the event start time differs from the first assigned time, a prompt will appear asking if you wish to update event start time to the first pool/match time.
- Tested the entire Fencing Time system on Windows 11 and verified everything functions properly.
- Added "USFA" and "AskFred" to exported results file names to make it more obvious which system the file is for.
- The bout order for a pool of 8 now prints on a single printed page.
- When entering pool scores, if the tied score popup appears and is cancelled, the cursor now returns to the score box where the score was entered.
- Updated the bout orders for wheelchair pools to keep fencers on the same side of the strip in consecutive bouts.
- When manually selecting bouts to assign referees, it is now possible to select bouts with just one known competitor.
- When assigning strips for all-places-fenced rounds, the list of tables is now more intuitively sorted.
- When pre-assigning DE strips during the pool round, if the number of fencers being promoted changes due to ties, a warning is shown indicating that some bouts may not have a strip and time assigned.
- The recommended amount of time to delay posting of the DE tableau is now based on the event size.
- The option for printing DE scoresheets with the area for recording video appeals now is pre-selected or cleared based on the DE round's "video from" setting.
- When assigning referees in the T64 of the preliminary DE round, the referee assignment options suggest assigning by full table rather than by quarters since this is how it is commonly done. Selection by quarters is suggested in the final 64 tableau.
- Fixed a bug where the teams may have been reversed on the tiebreaker popup.
- Fixed a bug where the final results were incorrect if there was a withdrawal/exclusion in a semifinal bout for events with a fence-off for third place.
- Fixed a bug where the event format was reported incorrectly if an all-places-fenced round of a different size (16 vs 8) was used.
- The tournament referee list can now be filtered to only show referees rated in a specific weapon.
- The DE round "video from" option is now automatically selected for FIE events based on the event type (World Cup, Grand Prix, etc.)
- When making changes to the computer-drawn referees at FIE events, the FIE Change Report now includes a pre-written reason indicating the change was requested by the referee delegate.
- Updated the FIE flag image to the current FIE logo.
- Fixed a bug where the tournament location (city, state, country) was not set when importing tournaments from AskFred.
- Fixed a bug where Results so Far report would show DNF competitors when limited the results to the top N fencers.
- "Top 3" was added to the Results so Far Top X limit options.
- Added a report of the count of nations to the results kit.
- Scoring Device Manager data forwarders are now editable.
- Fixed a bug where team scores would appear on the wrong side in StripView and Fencing Time Live when teams were manually swapped while on-strip.
- StripView can now listen for forwarded data on a specific port. This is now the preferred method for receiving data.
- Scores can now optionally be hidden in StripView.
- Clicking the Fencing Time logo in StripView will now display the options window.
- StripView now saves settings after every change.
- StripView now supports saving settings for two running instances of the app.
- Added a customizable "tile all" feature to StripView when running in multi-view mode.
- Assesseurs are no longer included in the referee usage report.
- Removed the "Grand Prix of Nations" report since the it is the same as the "Medals by Country" report.
- The "+" key on the numeric keypad now will select the reserve fencer when setting up the team order.
- Added country affiliations to the competitors shown when using the Move Competitor to Another Pool feature.
- Printed pools in landscape mode now print the detailed bout order on a second page.
- Replaced the "Scorekeeper" area on the printed pool sheet with a QR code containing the pool data.
- Added a column for boom/assist to the referee assignment screen for USFA events.
- Fixed DE table names that didn't fit on bouts in the active bout list.
- When selecting referees to assign in the DE rounds, the list no longer scrolls back to top after each selection.
- Fixed the drawing of the team draw when shown on a second screen - it no longer is too close to bottom of the screen.
- Fixed a problem where selection of referees on the DE bout options screen didn't take effect when using the keyboard.
- Fixed the layout of several screens in languages other than English.
- Added an item on the Tools menu for requesting a Fencing Time Live access key.
- Fixed a possible crash caused by an invalid birth year.
- Fixed a possible crash when printing bag tag forms.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when importing a tournament that includes a fencer whose club was marked as "unattached".
- Added the U13 age category for the UAE Fencing Federation.
- Updated nation Turkey to Türkiye.
- Added a reminder to use the "Check Memberships" feature when importing a tournament from AskFred.
- Reimporting registration files downloaded from the USA Fencing membership system now shows any errors that were encountered.
- Tournaments imported from the USA Fencing membership system no longer import foreign fencers as members of the National division. Instead, they are now imported with no division affiliation.
- Added the ability to send any text to Absolute World Series scoring machines from Scoring Device Manager.
- Fixed an issue where Scoring Device Manager would fail to start if there was an invalid network adapter for broadcasts.
- The Fencing Time Remote Monitor app now has a countdown timer to allow it to automatically start without user input.
12/14/21 - Version 4.5b (Build 711) Patch Release
- Results files for the USFA now cannot be exported if any fencer or referee is missing their USFA member number.
- The "Has a free competition" option has been removed from the USFA membership options since that membership feature has been discontinued by the USFA.
- The USFA "Check Membership" feature now updates referee ratings.
- To abort a round, you must now type "abort round" - this makes it much less likely a round will be aborted by accident.
- A new option has been added to the preferences screen to let you choose to display a referee's FIE or EFC/FCA referee rating instead of their federation rating, if they have one.
- The options to publish HTML live results are now hidden by default. To enable these options, select the new "Show the HTML Live Results tab on the Live Results screen" option on the Preferences screen.
- Fixed a bug where checking a fencer's eligibility to fence in an event could result in a crash.
- Fixed a bug where the medical withdrawal/exclusion/no-show checkboxes were reversed on the team score entry form when the teams sides were swapped due to left-handers.
- Fixed a rare bug related to pool bout orders that could cause a crash.
- Added the U23 and Intermediate point lists for British Fencing.
- Added the special pool bout orders used in NCAA pools of 6.
- Fixed a rare situation where sending results to Fencing Time Live when running the Fencing Time Server could lead to missing bout results due to time synchronization issues.
- Live results will now not show clubs by default when running events under the FIE or a confederation authority.
- Added the referee ratings (A, B, and C) for the EFC and FCA.
- Added the ability to report only the top 4, 8, 16, or 32 results so far, including after an event is finished.
- If the Fencing Time Remote Monitor or Kiosk apps are unable to connect to the server, information on possible solutions is now presented to help the user diagnose the problem.
- If no events are scheduled for today, the Fencing Time Remote Monitor will show the competitor and seeding lists for the upcoming events so that the screens are not blank.
- Added an option to run the Fencing Time Remote Monitor in a window when connected to a Fencing Time server.
- Fixed the broken log file and XML file links on the FTWeb status page.
- FIE XML files can now include a "Comment" attribute on the fencer records. If present, the comment will be imported into the fencer's "Notes" field.
- The installation program for the Fencing Time Server now configures the Windows Firewall so that it is no longer necessary to do it manually.
- Fixed a problem where overwriting the USFA results file could fail.
- When inserting the reserve fencer from a scoring machine, the change now affects subsequent bouts.
- Added the option to show scoring machine lights on the StripView right/left view.
- Added the ability to forward Cyrano data to different IP addresses based on strip number.
- Added the Inspiration Point scoring machine as an option when setting-up scoring devices in Scoring Device Manager.
- Added support for medical timeout Cyrano state codes sent from the Absolute World Series scoring machines.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the submission of pool results from the Allstar FMA-21 scoring machine.
- Bulk assigning strips in Scoring Device Manager is now no longer case sensitive.
- Comma-separated lists of strips now are parsed properly from entries in Chinese.
10/22/20 - Version 4.5a (Build 525) Patch Release
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when creating a new (non-server) database.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when the financial report was generated for tournaments with team events.
- Added a space to write the score on the pool bout ticket printout.
10/19/20 - Version 4.5 (Build 515) Release
- For USFA members, the new "non-competitive member free competition" status is now tracked and used when checking if all fencers have a current membership.
- The requirement for USFA cadet events to be at least a C1 classification in order to award classifications has been removed.
- Attempting to export USFA results files will show an error if any fencer's or referee's member number is missing.
- In USFA events, black-carded fencers now will still count towards the number of fencers and classifications present for determining the event classification.
- The concept of a "check-in window" (number of hours before an event starts when fencers can check-in) has been removed.
- On the Competitor List screen, the "Only show events checking-in soon" option has been replaced with options to show all events, today's events, or events starting soon.
- The tournament location has been renamed to "venue", and the location (city/state/country) setting from the Fencing Time Live settings has been moved to the general tournament settings.
- In team events, the team with more left-handed fencers will now be positioned on the left.
- Added a seeding method that seeds by point rank and age (youngest fencers of equivalent rank are placed first.)
- Added support for the team format used at the Veteran World Championships (relay to 30 with two fencers in each age category V50, V60, and V70.)
- Added an option to the pool layout process to guarantee that the larger pools will start at pool #1.
- When scratching a fencer from a pool (due to injury, exclusion, failure to appear, etc.), you are now presented with the choice of whether to generate a new bout order for the remaining fencers (which may move the fencers around in the pool) or to leave the fencers in the same order.
- When re-ordering fencers in a pool, fencers that have been scratched from the pool will no longer appear in the list.
- Added standard and teammate bout orders for pools of size 11 to 16.
- Added printing of pool bout tickets (mainly used by very large pools.)
- When printing a "pool" scoresheet for a barrage, the totals columns will now always be shown.
- Fixed a bug where the Change Pool Promotion screen showed an incorrect percentage when some fencers had a bye past the pool round.
- Added the option to include video appeal tracking to DE scoresheets.
- Added a new video appeal statistics report.
- When assigning DE strips by time, a varying number of strips can be specified for each "flight".
- When printing a DE scoresheet using the bout tool ("hammer") menu, printing options now let you configure how you want the scoresheet printed.
- Fixed a bug where DE scoresheets were not evenly spaced when printing on A4 paper.
- Fixed a bug when using the feature to pre-assign DE strips by part.
- Fixed a bug where the seeds on DE slips were not using the "inherent seed" for non-USA authorities.
- The "Re-Import Competitors from XML" button is now available to all authorities that use XML files.
- When specific fencers are imported from an XML file (using the import function on the Competitor List screen), their ranking in the event will now also be imported.
- Fixed a bug where referees didn't show on results exported to HTML files.
- Added a column for each fencer's club and scratch status to the financial report.
- Added a warning about future deprecation of the FTP live results feature.
- Fixed a bug which could cause a crash when retrieving the Fencing Time Live URL.
- Added new federations for Kenya, Cape Verde, Oman, and Papua New Guinea.
- Updated the flags of Myanmar and Mauritania.
- Updated the age categories used by Deutscher Fechter-Bund (Germany).
- Added Australian referee categories.
- The URL to Fencing Time Live is now automatically displayed on the Remote Monitor - you no longer have to set it manually.
- DE strip assignments will remain in the Remote Monitor display rotation throughout the round if there are any strips assigned.
- Fixed a bug where referee assignments in the pool round were being shown on the Referee Assignments feed before the scoresheets were printed.
- Users of the Fencing Time Kiosk app now have an option to enable or disable the checking of fencer ages at check-in. When disabled, no age check is done.
- Added support for version 3.04a of the RS422-FPA serial protocol.
- Added support for version 1.1 of the Cyrano network protocol.
- Added support for the "Insert Reserve" function on scoring machines when using Cyrano.
- Scoring Device Manager now requires you to specify the type of scoring machine for each device so that it can handle specific "quirks" of each machine type.
- Added a column to Scoring Device Manager to indicate if a scoring device is publishing its live score data on Fencing Time Live.
- When using Absolute/SG scoring machines, Scoring Device Manager will no longer show the "strip numbers differ" warning since this is an expected situation.
- Fixed a crash in Scoring Device Manager that could happen if the configured broadcast network was not present.
- Fixed a bug in Scoring Device Manager where changing the order of the scoring devices did not get reflected on Fencing Time Live.
- Added a new display mode to StripView that only shows the left or right fencer data on the screen.
- Added the option to turn off the lights and/or clock in StripView. When turned off, the scores will be larger.
- In StripView, the color of the clock changes based on its state (running, stopped, on break, or on medical break.)
- Added support for multiple languages in StripView.
- Fixed a bug where StripView could crash on startup when using serial data input.
- Upgraded the platform to .NET 4.7.2.
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Vista.
9/18/19 - Version 4.4c (Build 2300) Patch Release
- When running all-places-fenced elimination rounds, you can now choose to not have a fence-off for third (bronze medal match) and instead award two bronze medals.
- Fixed a bug where assigning referees using the A/B draw with more "B" referees than bouts would result in some bouts only being assigned a single "A" referee.
- Made the option to resolve conflicts in the second round of pools the default behavior for all federations except the USFA and EFC.
- Added a note about how to view the contents of the USFA results file when exporting results.
- Made the options on the point list CSV import wizard less confusing.
- Fixed a bug where non-FIE age categories were not being properly imported from XML files.
- Added the veteran age categories used by the Fencing Confederation of Asia.
- Added referee ratings used in Singapore.
- Updated country names for Czechia, North Macedonia, and Eswatini.
- Added the new Fédération Angolaise D'escrime.
- Fixed the order of names shown on the status line in Scoring Device Manager.
- Fixed some issues with Scoring Device Manager where doing bulk assignments, editing devices, and restarting the app caused it to lose communication with the scoring machines.
4/22/19 - Version 4.4b (Build 2200) Patch Release
- Added P-cards to the DE scoresheets.
- Added the option to assign referees to "ready bouts" in the DE tableau. This enables doing A/B referee draws by quarter.
- Added an option to require the referee in the finals to be different from the referees drawn for the semifinals.
- Added support for importing and exporting the new FIE XML (version 3.3) format.
- Divisions/regions will now be imported from the "Ligue" field in XML files.
- When exporting XML files for events in progress, the "Classement" field on the fencers will now show the final placement of fencers that have been eliminated.
- Fixed several problems with the data exported in XML results files.
- Updated the XML import function to handle XML files recently exported from the Ophardt system.
- Updated the XML import function to select the proper event format for Asian Cadet Circuit events.
- Fixed a problem where the fencers in team match encounters were sometimes lost when loading a tournament from a FTX4 file.
- Enabled the A/B referee draw for team matches.
- Added the ability to edit a person's XML ID number (mainly for fencers added to fill pools in World Cups/Grand Prix.)
- Added an option to print QR codes for pools. These QR codes allow you to load the pool competitors and bout orders into compatible apps.
- When using scoring machines connected via the network, pressing NEXT on the last pool bout will clear the names from the scoring machine.
- Added the American Samoa Fencing Federation.
- Updated the age categories and point lists for the Finnish Fencing Federation.
- Moved the live results publish frequency option to the HTML tab since it only applies to HTML live results.
- Added a warning about un-publishing events on the live results website when they are unchecked from the live results configuration.
- Made some improvements to how data is sent to Fencing Time Live and how publish errors are handled.
- Removed the option that allows you to have a "classic results" URL shown on Fencing Time Live.
- Added a reminder to enable live results if they are not enabled when starting the first event of the day.
- Fixed a problem where synchronizing fencers would ask for you to select between two blank entries (usually for country or division.)
- Cancelling the creation of an event from an XML file no longer creates a "zombie" event.
- Fixed a few minor problems with drawing the affiliations of fencers in incomplete bouts on the tableau.
- Clicking "Post Now" when the DE delay timer is paused now works.
- Fixed an issue where the "Assign refs to ready bouts" feature didn't list the gold medal match even when it was ready.
- Fixed a bug where the SafeSport/BG Check warning didn't clear after checking referee memberships.
- Fixed a problem where the "Fill tableau with random scores" feature would sometimes put the team fencers on the wrong side.
- Fixed the shortcut keys that were not working.
- Fixed a crash that occasionally happened in the bulk assign feature of Fencing Time Scoring Device Manager.
- The Nation's Grand Prix report now only tabulates results for senior and junior competitions.
- StripView watch mode data source settings are now saved.
- Removed the "1" from the yellow card display in StripView.
11/20/18 - Version 4.4a (Build 1900) Patch Release
- Fixed numerous window layout problems (misplaced buttons, clipped text) when running in French, Spanish, and Polish.
- Added a feature to let you print "Event Signs" with the event names.
- Added the ability to select which events to include in the USFA results file.
- Added options to choose what information is included in the Results Kit: clubs, divisions, and/or birth dates.
- Added a column to the classification change report showing in which event the classification was earned.
- Set the Edit Feed Item page to default to showing today's events.
- Made the default check-in duration 6 hours for events imported from USFA registration files.
- Added the wheelchair category (A, B, C) to event abbreviations.
- Disabled the "Re-Import" button when in check-in mode.
- Fixed text errors in the Polish translation.
- Fixed error code -2067919934, which was shown if you tried to install the Fencing Time Server when your computer needed a reboot.
- Fixed a bug where manually-added fencers all had an ID of 0 in exported FIE XML files.
- Fixed a bug where fencers from the San Bernardino Division were set to no division affiliation when reimporting a USFA registration file.
10/1/18 - Version 4.4 (build 1700) Release
- Live Results now can be published to Fencing Time Live (www.fencingtimelive.com). Fencing Time Live is a new website where anyone can post their live results. It is much simpler to use than the old live results (you no longer need details on how to upload data to your personal website) and the site design is much more user-friendly, including being optimized for mobile devices.
- The Fencing Time check-in Kiosk app (used at USFA National events) is now available to all users. The kiosk app only works with the Fencing Time Server version.
- Added the ability to re-import the USFA registration file into an existing tournament. This will update the competitor lists with the latest changes (new fencers and scratches) as well as any updated event times.
- Referees in the DE rounds can now be drawn using an "A" list and "B" list of stronger/weaker referees.
- Fencer affiliations are now drawn in the first column of the DE tableau regardless of which table you start viewing from.
- Added an option to sort the active bout list by start time.
- Improved the algorithm that does referee draws.
- Added a more detailed referee draw report for the DE rounds that shows which refs were selected for each draw, and which were ultimately used (calling out changes made manually.)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when creating a continuation event using two point lists for seeding.
- You can now add athlete-specific notes to the event notes. These notes will be printed on every DE slip that the athlete fences in. This is mainly intended for tracking medical breaks taken by the fencer earlier in the tournament.
- Translated the Fencing Time application and Live Results into Chinese.
- You can now select the display language for the remote monitor on a per-panel basis.
- Added a new report showing referee start and finish times.
- DE strips can now be assigned in partitions of 8ths and 16ths.
- The "colors" button used to quickly set the strips to the four colors when assigning DE strips has been replaced by a dropdown list of color options, including options for having two sets of colored strips.
- The referee draw now defaults to drawing by quarter when in the final 64 and later.
- The referee draw summary in the DE round has been changed to show each referee's overall use rather than by referee/video to make it easier to see which referees were not assigned by the draw.
- Removed the draw of referee 3 and 4 from the team referee draw.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes fencer names didn't clear from StripView when the bout is cleared from the scoring machine.
- Added an indication of a fencer's handedness to the bag tags to assist the wireless system technicians with preparing the fencers in the call room.
- Added options to only print the front- or back-side tables of 8, 4, and 2 when fencing-off all places in the 16.
- Fixed a bug where the places 1-8 view started in the T16 when fencing all places from 16.
- When making random swaps in pairs (when placing the top 16 fencers in the final T64) if no swaps were made, a message now reports that.
- Fixed a bug where cancelling the DE referee draw showed the FIE change report even in events not using FIE rules.
- Added the number of unfinished DE bouts in the current and next table of the tableau above the active bout list.
- Added a link on the FTWeb status page to allow the download of the current event FIE XML file.
- Pool bouts now appear in the order they were/will be fenced in the FIE XML files.
- Fixed a crash caused by having duplicate team members on a team.
- Added the number of active referees to the referee list.
- Added referee ratings used by the fencing federations of Belgium and the Netherlands.
- Added an option to flip the sides of teams displayed on the remote monitor team match display.
- Fixed a bug in the randomization in pairs which could have resulted in an unranked fencer being swapped with the last ranked fencer.
- The "Check All Memberships" button is now disable when running in check-in mode.
- Removed extraneous warnings about fencers not found when importing a point ranking CSV file.
- Added the Commonwealth Fencing Federation.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when viewing a round in an event that was cancelled by a user on another computer.
- For 2-day events, printed documents now show the date of both event days.
- The wheelchair event options have been added to the summary tab so that they can be modified after creating the event.
- Live results can now be forcibly pushed (rather than waiting for the next scheduled interval) either by single event or the entire tournament.
- Importing of teams from XML files now ignores duplicate fencers.
- When importing tournaments from XML files, the club data in the file is automatically applied.
- The installation programs now always overwrite all files, even if they are older. This make it easier to install older versions of the program if necessary.
- HTML live results now include team match data when fencing pools.
- Temporary pool results now include a projected ranking.
- Fixed a bug where pool times can be showed twice on when assigning referees and when and printing pools at a specific time.
- The pool layout details report now includes the number of the pool that fencers are moved to to resolve conflicts (instead of just the fencer's original pool number.)
- Fencers that are tied in the temporary pool results will now have the same predicted promotion/elimination status.
- Added a remote monitor option to show referees assigned to bouts before they are fenced.
- Fixed a bug where the remote monitor incorrectly reported a no connection error when showing a team match.
- Improved the remote monitor tableau display; the final bout is now shown and vertical lines showing the next table matchups are now drawn.
- The list of remote monitor feeds is now alphabetized for easy lookup.
- Added the ability to make a "clone" of a feed so that new feeds can quickly be created with identical settings.
- Added a report with the "Nation's Grand Prix" calculation used at the World Championships.
- The Overall Tournament Statistics report now excludes no-show and withdrawn fencers from its count of participants.
- Fixed a bug that caused exporting the Withdrawn / No-Show / Excluded Competitors report to a spreadsheet file to fail.
- Remove the old spreadsheet-based USFA Classification Change and Qualifier reports. These have been replaced by the new Export to USFA file format.
- Fixed a bug in Scoring Device Manager that prevented the changing of the scoring device port after initial device creation.
- Fixed a problem where Scoring Device Manager's broadcast mode didn't work on Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016.
- Added an option to Scoring Device Manager to use the FIE XML ID numbers in the Cyrano data that it sends to the scoring machines. This is especially useful for when Fencing Time is integrated with the Swiss Timing system.
- Scoring Device Manager now automatically pre-selects the pool matching the strip when assigning an event to a scoring device.
- Fixed some problems with StripView's watch mode window sizing and alignment.
- Added support for the Swiss Timing 3.0 ("Common") serial protocol in StripView.
- The team 123/456 side draw can now be done for a user-selected group of matches rather than just all bouts in a specific tableau.
- Changed the team 123/456 draw screen to show the draw in two columns of 8.
- Improved the printout of team 123/456 draw results.
- Added a warning to alert the user if a team has fewer than 3 fencers when starting an event.
- The competitor list, when sorted by ranking, now shows unranked teams last.
- Added a fencer handedness column to the competitor list.
- When computing a team rank from the fencer's result in the individual event, fencers that did not finish the individual event are now ranked properly.
- Added an option to include (or not) fencer club affiliation in the results kit.
- Added the ability to select which round for which you want to display the referee call report.
- Pressing F5 now refreshes the data in the main Fencing Time app.
- When filtering the event list by day, two-day events now are shown on both days.
- Made the height of the pool list taller.
9/5/18 - Version 4.3e (build 1850) Patch Release
- Added support for the latest USFA registration system file format.
- Updated the format of the results file generated for the new USFA tournament registration system.
8/3/18 - Version 4.3d (build 1830) Patch Release
- Added support for importing registrations from and results to the new USFA tournament registration system.
11/12/17 - Version 4.3c (build 1820) Patch Release
- Fixed a crash that occurred when seeding an event using the top-3 ranked fencers method using a point list with no ranked fencers.
- Fixed the referee SafeSport warning which did not move when the window was resized.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when displaying the team match side draw on a second screen in rounds with more than 8 matches.
10/21/17 - Version 4.3b (build 1811) Patch Release
- Fixed a crash that occurred when printing or saving the list of changes made by the referee membership check.
10/20/17 - Version 4.3a (build 1810) Patch Release
- Fixed an issue where Country and Division changes were not taking effect.
- Fixed a bug where fencers with byes past the first round(s) were not removed from the results if they failed to appear.
- Fixed a bug where the wrong start time was shown on the live results for the second day of a two-day event.
- Fixed a bug where the club name column always started hidden on the Club Database window.
- Fixed a possible crash caused by printer problems when displaying the print preview.
- Removed a random character accidentally included on the live results event schedule page.
10/9/17 - Version 4.3 (build 1800) Release
- Added the ability to merge duplicate clubs. This automatically updates the club affiliation of the member fencers.
- Added tracking of referee SafeSport and background check expiration dates. These are now imported from the USFA CSV file as well as the "Check Memberships" feature.
- Exended USFA membership data to include tracking of competitive vs non-competitive status, as well as the new +CheckEd add-on.
- A warning will be displayed if you are using referees without a current +CheckEd membership, SafeSport, or background check.
- Referees now can be designated as having up to four country affiliations for use in conflict avoidance. These extra affiliations are only stored on a per-tournament basis.
- Added support for the three-weapon mixed gender team format used at the Cadet World Championships.
- Added the USFA Veteran-80 age category.
- Added an option to show/print the affiliation of the two possible competitors on incomplete tableaus (i.e. "USA or ITA".)
- The team match "side" draw (A or B team) can now be done by the computer, and the draw can be displayed on a second screen if available.
- When the team reserve is set on the scoring machine, the reserve fencer's name will now appear on StripView. (It will still appear as "RESERVE" on the machine.)
- Strips can now be assigned to an event or cleared in bulk in Scoring Device Manager.
- Added a "watch mode" to StripView that allows you to view the live state of any number of scoring machines at once.
- Fencers and referees now have a USFA region number affiliation which is used for awarding points in regional events.
- Updated the USFA region map to reflect recent changes (such as the move of Kansas to region 2.)
- Regional events can now be designated as "region-less" to support events in Hawaii and Alaska.
- Added a report listing fencers with unverified birthdates which should be especially useful for SYC organizers.
- Added the ability to create a new event with the fencers eliminated from another event (this can be done at any round.)
- The organize event list now shows the finish time of completed events.
- Division I-A ROCs now default to seeding by senior points.
- Fixed a bug where a black card awarded in an RYC prevented the awarding of points to fencers further down in the results.
- Added an option to allow the assigning of referees from the same country to the same pool or DE bout.
- Referees can now be deactivated from an event, which makes them unavailable for assignment until they are reactivated.
- Added the FIE "C" referee rating.
- Added the Asian Fencing Confederation Cadet Circuit to the list of event types when importing from XML.
- Added support for importing XML files that use the three-weapon mixed gender team format.
- When importing XML files for an FIE event (World Cup, Grand Prix, etc.), an error will appear if the tournament authority is not set to the FIE.
- "DNF" (did not finish) is now shown for all authorities, not just the USFA. This indicates a fencer that did not finish the event, usually due to a medical withdrawal during the pools.
- Renamed "Taiwan" to "Chinese Taipei".
- Changed the NOC code for Lebanon from LIB to LBN.
- Changed the NOC code for Singapore from SIN to SGP.
- The number of fencers to be promoted from the pools can now be changed during the pool round.
- Enabled the optimized pool layout algorithm for all events.
- Added the option allow or disallow the swapping of ranked fencers when performing the pool layout.
- When viewing all pools, a new menu has been added to let you highlight all fencers from a specific country. This is to assist you in finding fencers and checking for conflicts.
- Fixed a bug where changing the number of promoted fencers at the end of the pool round was not reflected on the event format.
- It is now possible to assign a second referee to the pools without altering the first referee.
- Fixed a problem where time marks were not being recorded when pool results were submitted directly from the scoring machines.
- Events that only have a tableau round can now delay posting of the tableau after starting event.
- Fixed a bug where a fencer in the top 16 (exempt from the first round) that fails to appear no longer leaves their spot empty in the results.
- Added an option to assign strips to the place matches (for places 5-16) in all-places-fenced tableaus without the bronze medal match.
- Fixed a bug where randomization in pairs did not work for repechage tableaus.
- The lists of randomizations made in pairs and positioning of tied competitors can now be viewed and printed after the elimination round starts.
- All-places-fenced tableaus that include a T32 can now be printed on a single page.
- Fixed incorrectly printed seeds in all-places-fenced tables T4 (9-12) and T4 (13-16) showing as 13-16 and 5-8, respectively.
- Added on-screen view options for all-places-fenced round to show the T16, T8s, T4s, T2s, semis + final (to match printing options).
- Semifinals and finals no longer appear as an option for referee assignment before reaching the T8.
- Improved the referee draw for the bronze and gold medal matches in team events.
- Improved the process of assigning referees for all-places-fenced events with 9 to 15 competitors.
- Drawing referees for all-places-fenced tableaus can now be done by bout time rather than by tableau.
- Bag tag printing now can be done for a specific round of the tableau (T32, T16, etc.) or for bouts at a specific time.
- Added rating, affiliation, and a generic check column to the pod and video referee assignments form.
- Changes to team match encounter scores can now be made while the match is in progress.
- Fixed a bug which caused teams to be seeded incorrectly when using the "top 3 ranked fencers" formula.
- The list of changes made by the "Check all memberships" button is now sortable.
- Removed the option to download preregistrations and upload results to AskFRED directly from within Fencing Time due to changes to AskFRED which made the feature non-functional.
- Added the ability to specify a second event date to allow for two-day events to be properly displayed on the live results schedule page.
- Added a feature where the blue title bar on the remote monitor turns red when the monitor program is unable to retrieve data from the server (usually caused by a loss of network connectivity.)
- Added an optional footer to the remote monitor that can display a clock and a URL for the live results. When a URL is specified, a QR code is displayed next to the URL.
- Added a "scroll speed multiplier" for pools on the remote monitor. This allows you to speed up the pool scores (relative to the other display items) for a more efficient display.
- In Scoring Device Manager, the bout state (hated, on break, etc.) is now shown on the mini-views.
- At the conclusion of a pool, Scoring Device Manager now clears the names from the device.
- The IP address of scoring devices in Scoring Device Manager can now be changed after creation of the device.
- Added the ability to tile the mini-view windows in Scoring Device Manager across the entire screen.
- The counts of each affiliation (club/division/country) present is now shown on the Summary tab.
- USFA events can now specify the name of the referee assigner responsible for the event on the Summary tab.
- Events that used the format option "Determined by the user during the event" was not persisting in saved files.
- When combining qualifier events, the combined event now retains the qualifier flag.
- Made the list of warnings shown after importing CSV files sortable.
- Clubs can no longer set their affiliation to the USFA National division.
- When checking-in fencers, if a warning is shown alerting that the fencer does not have a verified birthdate, clicking OK sets the fencer's birthdate to verified as part of the check-in.
- Added a new report listing fencers that did not check-in.
- Fixed a bug where affiliations were not updated after performing the membership check.
- The Tournament Competitor Report now shows the most current license/membership number for each fencer, not just the one for the event's authority.
- Added affiliations to the referee selection lists on the elimination bout options ("hammer") menu.
- Fencers and referees can now have a URL to a photo. Currently, this URL is not used but may be in the future.
- Fixed a bug where editing a referee's member number on the Tournament Referee List did not get saved.
- Fixed a crash that could occur on the referee list for non-USA authorities.
- Fixed a bug where the DT change report form was being shown when cancelling the referee draw in USFA events.
- When assigning a second referee in the pools, the DT change report form is no longer shown.
- Fixed a bug where pool times weren't being saved in the pool setup phase.
- The pool round number is now included on the printed pool summary to help distinguish documents in events with multiple pool rounds.
- Fixed a bug where the incorrect round was chosen when the number of fencers to promote from the pools was changed during the pool round when using the World Cup format.
- Teams can now be withdrawn/excluded from an event before the match is setup.
- Team member affiliations have been added to the team tracking form.
- When assigning ranges of strips using letters, the letter "I" is skipped to avoid confusion with the number "1".
- Fixed a crash that could happen when printing a single pool scoresheet.
- Removed the "old style" printed DE scoresheets.
- Fixed a bug where fencers that failed to appear in DE bouts were not included in the field size for purposes of computing classifications and qualifications.
- Fixed some minor bugs in referee assignment related to bout start times.
- Some minor improvements have been made to the results kit.
- Added team names to the FIE results XML file.
- Added support for U23 and veteran age groups in the XML file import.
- When importing referees from an XML file, the authority of the referee ratings being imported now must be specified.
- When importing referees from an XML file, invalid ratings are ignored rather than generating an error.
- When exporting FIE XML files, selecting the host country is now required.
- Updated the FIE statistics report to provide data in a format that more closely matches the data needed by the FIE observer.
- Added the Leon Paul Junior Series as an authority and added the ability to export results to the file format needed by the LPJS.
- Added the age categories used by the Hong Kong Fencing Union to the Hong Kong authority.
- Added age categories for the Pan American Championships.
- Added the new Haitian Fencing Federation.
- Added regions to the Australian authority.
- Added regions to the Columbian authority.
- Updated the flag for Ecuador.
- Updated the flag for Venezuela.
- Added Polish as a supported language for the Fencing Time user interface.
- Made some optimizations to the Fencing Time server database.
- Improved error messages for Fencing Time server connection problems.
- When connecting to a Fencing Time server, clients will not be allowed to connect if their system time zone differs from the server.
- Fixed a bad error message when logging into a Fencing Time server with an incorrect password.
- Fixed the never-ending stream of popup messages when connection to the Fencing Time server is lost.
- Fixed some issues that may have caused errors when restoring a database backup of the Fencing Time server.
- IP addresses can now be used as the FTP host when uploading live results.
- Fixed a bug which prevented the event format from being displayed on the remote monitor.
- Fixed a bug which caused a crash in the remote monitor if the screen resolution changed.
- Fixed a bug which briefly caused no data to appear on the remote monitor when starting a direct elimination round.
- The DT change report viewer now has an option to filter reports by event.
- If a scoring machine requests the next team match, Scoring Device Manager shows a descriptive error message if the team match has not yet been setup.
- Times and strip numbers are now shown for each pool/DE bout in the bout list in Scoring Device Manager.
- Scoring devices can now be re-ordered in the list in Scoring Device Manager.
- Added options to show or hide all the mini-views in Scoring Device Manager.
- Added an option to hide or show the mini-view windows on the Windows taskbar in Scoring Device Manager.
- Characters with accents now display correctly on StripView.
6/5/16 - Version 4.2a (build 4100) Patch Release
- Added team match details to the results kit for team events that use pools.
- Added referees used in team matches in pool rounds to the referee usage report.
- Fixed folder permission issue that prevented Fencing Time from creating the database file when not run as an administrator.
- Fixed the detection of existing instances of SQL Server when installing the database.
- Fixed the fencer age calculation when running events under the European Veterans Fencing Committee authority.
- Fixed a bug where importing fencers that swapped their primary and secondary clubs did not apply the change.
- Fixed a bug where team match scoresheets were printed with the final scores reversed.
- Fixed some forms (such as team score entry) from being cropped when running on PCs using larger Windows font scaling.
4/18/16 - Version 4.2 Release
- Added support for the new "mixed gender" team match format. (This is currently being tested by the FIE at EFC cadet circuit events.)
- Team events now can use a "Best 5 of 9 matches" format where each team match (in a pool or DE) is fenced as 9 five-touch bouts. The winner of the match is the team that earns at least five victories. (You may fence all 9 bouts even if the winner is determined sooner than that.)
- When running team events, Fencing Time can now perform the coin flip to determine which team is 1,2,3 and 4,5,6.
- New "Continuation Event" option allows you to run events where all fencers participate in the first round(s), then are split by gender/age/etc. into separate "continuing" events. For example, all fencers fence pools and then are split into separate DE tableaus. To do this, run the pools and finish the event after the pools are completed. Click the new "Create Continuation Event" button on the results tab, then select the fencers to be placed in the first DE group. This will create a new event with the selected fencers, seeded using the results of the pools. Repeat the process for each group that you wish to continue with.
- The new "Results Kit" button on the final results tab allows you to generate all of the documents required by the EFC (and other authorities) with one click at the conclusion of the event. (In most cases, this document is printed to a PDF file for archival purposes.)
- As pool results are entered, Fencing Time will now display "temporary pool results" on the remote monitor and live results. These results include a prediction on whether each fencer will be promoted or eliminated after the pool round is complete.
- Changed the priority of items displayed on the remote monitor to fix the situation where an event could prevent other events from showing in the rotation.
- Referee assignments are not shown in the referee assignment remote monitor feed until the scoresheets for each bout are printed. This eliminates confusion if the referee assigner makes changes to the referee draw done by the computer.
- Added the ability to display a third panel on remote monitor screens.
- The "Event is an RYC/SYC/RJCC" checkbox has been removed and new options for these events are listed in the list of qualifier events.
- Regional events marked as qualifiers will now determine which fencers earn points and show this in the final results.
- RYC and RJCC events will let you specify which region is hosting the event so that points can be awarded to fencers from that region.
- The Tools menu now has options for setting qualifier events in bulk. This sets the appropriate qualifier rule for each event.
- The Fencing Time server database now uses SQL Server 2014 Express.
- Referees can be deactivated at the tournament-level to indicate that they are no longer available for assignment.
- The format of the team sign-in sheet has been changed to list the team with its members each on a separate row. The ranking/points of each fencer is shown along with the overall computed team rank. This format is also now shown on the remote monitors and live results.
- If a team match is not setup (fencers assigned to positions 1-3 or 4-6), clicking the score entry button on the tableau will show the match setup form.
- Team matches that have not yet been setup are indicated with green "Setup team match" buttons on the active bout list.
- Referees used in the primary referee draw are now also available for the video referee draw.
- When assigning referees to a round of the tableau, the allocation of referees in the prior tableau will be considered when doing the assignments.
- When doing the referee draw during an all-places-fenced tableau, you can now do the draw for the place matches and bronze medal match at the same time.
- Since assigning strips should almost always be done by tableau quadrant, a warning appears if you draw by any other method.
- FIE document numbers are now included on printouts for all authorities.
- Added missing Canadian age groups to the AskFRED results export.
- Added a new team seeding method that ranks a team using the sum of the top three ranked fencers on a specific point list.
- Added the option to only show the events on a specific day in the event list.
- Completely overhauled the referee draw process for the semifinals and final matches. Now, you can draw any combination of referees, video referees, and assesseurs for the semifinals and/or final match.
- When importing a tournament from AskFRED, Fencing Time will detect if it is a SYC, RYC, ROC, or RJCC and offer to set the event settings for that kind of event.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when setting a fencer's country on the fencer database form when no tournament was loaded.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when an invalid birth year was entered on the competitor or fencer database grid.
- Added England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland as country options.
- Added custom age categories, point lists, and referee ratings for Finland.
- Added custom age categories for Germany.
- Added custom regions for Poland.
- FIE and confederation-run event types (World Cups, Zonal Championships, etc.) now can only be created when the tournament is running under the FIE or a confederation authority.
- When importing point rankings, fencers are no longer required to already be in the database. Fencers not in the database will be created upon import.
- Dates shown on the live results now will reflect the selected display language, not the language of the publishing PC.
- Add an option to use Fencing Time's optimized pool-layout algorithm. This now defaults to on and would need to be explicitly disabled if it is not desired.
- Changed the "Print Seeded" and "Print Random" pool buttons to use a combined popup which presents printing options.
- Fixed the bout order for pools of six that contain three or more fencers from the same club/division/country.
- Added an option to print the pools at a specific time.
- When using the USFA authority, marking a fencer as a no-show in pools is now an option. Prior to this, the only option for this was to issue a black card.
- The remote monitor will now show the Results so Far during the DE round when there is a cut after the pools.
- Added a new "Crossover Report" which shows how many fencers compete in multiple events in the tournament.
- Updated StripView to display fractions of a second if provided by the scoring machine.
- Updated StripView to work with the latest Swiss Timing protocol which contains fractional seconds.
- Sped-up the rendering of the "View all Pools" display.
- Added first names to team members listed on the on competitor list.
- Fencer clubs are now imported when importing fencers or referees from an XML file.
- Fencer licenses are no longer required when importing fencers and/or rankings from an XML file.
- Importing referees from an XML file is now available to all authorities.
- Importing from and exporting to XML files is now available to all authorities.
- Results of an individual event can be imported from an XML file to recompute team rankings.
- Fixed several problem with importing data from XML files generated by the Ophardt ranking system.
- When importing fencers from an XML file, a warning will be displayed if there are fencers with duplicate licenses.
- When importing events from an XML file, you can now select which point list the fencer rankings will be imported into.
- Fixed a problem where importing referees from an XML erased the referee ratings for the other weapons.
- Clubs are now included in the XML export (except when running an FIE event.)
- Fixed a bug where the DE display delay timer kept ticking after the DE round was aborted, which led to a never-ending stream of warning popups.
- Added an option to re-enable the DE display delay timer.
- Now that referees are not shown on the referee assignment feed, the "Preview referee draw tableau" is no longer needed and was removed.
- Removed the option to assign strips by time, as this is never used in practice and can lead to inefficient use of strips and referees.
- The fencer's seed upon entering the DE tableau is now always shown as the fencer progresses through the tableau (as opposed to adopting their opponent's seed if there is an upset.)
- Importing AskFRED event registrations no longer erases referee ratings (for fencers that are also referees.)
- Added scheduled time to pool scoresheets.
- Hovering the mouse over a competitor name on the active bout list will show their club/division/country affiliations.
- Fixed a bug where the "Already fenced in another event" column on the competitor list was not updated when it was shown.
- Changed the "Already fenced in another event" column to include events in progress. Prior to this, only events that were finished were considered.
- Fixed some problems with the option to choose an all-places-fenced round when there are 4 or fewer competitors.
- Fixed a problem where combining an event did not check to see if the event to be cancelled was used to seed another event.
- Fixed a problem where importing a CFF validation file did not import license validity.
- When doing a membership check, if a fencer is not found in the current membership database, his or her membership will be marked as expired.
- Added affiliations to the list of competitors on the pool withdrawal form.
- Removed the "Other Rules" page from the New Event Wizard since the options are now defined by the authority.
- Updated the FIE document numbers to reflect new FIE numbering requirements.
- Pool promotion percentage is now displayed with a factional part.
- Updated the USFA logo.
- Fixed a problem where the Fencing Time installation program failed on some non-USA versions of Windows XP SP3.
- Added an option to show the fencer list by country on the remote monitor after the pool round has started.
- Add fencer affiliations to the barrage popup.
- Added fencer affiliations to the view bout order window.
- Added the referee's country to the pool scoresheet.
- Fixed a problem where events were missing on the trainer's report when the same age category is used by multiple events.
- Added a report listing all of the scratched fencers in the tournament.
- Changed the medal summary report to sort the countries by number of gold/silver/bronze rather than by total medals won.
- Removed commas from names displayed on scoring devices.
- Added an option to limit the number of letters to use for fencer names when using scoring machines. This fixes an issue with the Favero FR240 which would not display names longer than 12 letters.
- Added a "Winner" box to team scoresheets.
- Added a link to the Fencing Time log folder on the Help menu.
- Fixed a bug where the XML export didn't export team match data for events with four or fewer teams.
- Exporting event data to an XML file can now be done mid-event.
- Added an option to import referees directly into an event from an XML file.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when an invalid referee rating was encountered during the import of an XML file. Now, a warning is shown.
- When exporting results to an XML file, the referee list will only include referees used in the event rather than the entire tournament.
8/1/15 - Version 4.1 Release
- Earned FIE homologation; can now be used to run FIE events such as World Cups, Grand Prix, and World Championships.
- Combined repechage and all-places-fenced rounds with the preliminary DE rounds so that there no longer a need to complete the preliminary DE round before beginning the repechage or all-places-fenced tableau.
- Updated the bout order for a pool of 6 bout orders as per the updated FIE rules.
- Added support for USFA RJCC events.
- Updated USFA qualifier rules for the 2015-2016 season.
- Event names can now be customized again.
- Changed the team match scoresheets to maintain each team's position using the "first-called team on the right" rule.
- Changed the team score entry form to now allow the re-entry of substituted fencers as per the changed FIE rule.
- At the start of a team match, all fencer positions (1-3 and 4-6) start unassigned to make it easier to know which match has been setup and which hasn't.
- Added the ability to add a latecomer during the pool setup phase.
- Added complete support for the Cyrano protocol to allow communication with scoring machines.
- Overhauled the process for creating tournaments from FIE XML files.
- Added the ability to assign referees to DE bouts by table (128, 64, 32, etc.)
- Assesseurs can now be set for all DE bouts.
- Fencing Time Database Manager can now do backups on a schedule.
- Added an option to delay the posting of the DE tableau to remote monitors and live results, while still allowing the operator to work on the DE round (assign strips, referees, etc.) This gives fencers time to review pool scores and report any errors.
- When running all-places-fenced DEs, referees can now be assigned across multiple tables (both tables of 8, four tables of four, etc.)
- The position of fencers on the DE scoresheet and score entry pop-up will automatically be swapped to place the left-handed fencer on the left side of the strip.
- Referees that have an unresolved conflict with one of the fencers will be shown in bold italics on the printed tableau so the referee assigner can correct it.
- Added the ability to print DE scoresheets collated by referee.
- Removed the Turn DE Wizard.
- Added an option to print DE scoresheets collated by strip.
- Added a field where you can specify from which table you will start using video in the DEs.
- The DE tableau can now be printed showing provisional refs from referee draw.
- A DT change report is generated when making any changes to the computer-drawn referees in pools and DEs.
- Added call room bag tag printout (fencer name and country.)
- Added a compact team match details printout.
- Added the ability to pre-assign strips and times for the next DE round.
- Added a report listing all fencers present in team events sorted by country.
- Referees will not be shown on remote monitors or live results until scores are entered.
- Improved the readability and column ordering on the referee usage report.
- Printouts can now include multiple logos.
- New events can be created in an existing tournament from a single FIE XML file.
- Fixed a bug which caused a crash when computing combined pool results.
- Fixed a bug related to bout collating for inkjet printers
- Fencers missing birth dates are no longer skipped when assigning qualifiers
- Fixed a crash related to invalid USFA letter ratings.
- Fixed a crash related to fencers getting byes past a round.
- Fixed a crash related to event results.
- Fixed a problem where manually adjusted seeding changes didn't persist when done on the round seeding window.
- Added the age verified field to the fencer (mainly for use at SYCs)
- Added information on the number of fencers by club, division, and country on each event's summary tab.
- Added an option to just use birth year rather than full birth dates.
- Updated the USFA veteran seeding rules.
- Added a place to record the name of the person operating each event.
- Authority lists are now shown sorted by country.
- When connecting to a Fencing Time server, a warning appears if the client and server's time differs significantly.
- When seeding a team event using the results of the corresponding individual event, tied teams are separated by highest finishing fencer on each team.
- Enabled the option to allow no-shows in USFA events so that no-shows can be treated just as a loss in the DEs rather than a black card.
- Name capitalization is no longer changed when data is imported.
- For FIE events, fencers listed by country are shown instead of the check-in list.
- Added the medal count by country to the live results when running FIE events.
- Fencer countries are now shown throughout the tableau on the live results.
- On the live results index page, the event name is now clickable (instead of just the "View" link.)
- Fixed a bug where changing the number promoted from the pools didn't get reflected in the event format report.
- Fixed a bug where referee #2 was not being saved when changed on the view all pools tab.
- Fixed a bug where withdrawals/exclusions from a pool did not switch to the correct bout order.
- Added the ability to assign referees to pools by flight.
- Made the "top-seed-in-the-biggest pool" a USFA-only rule.
- When a left-handed fencer faces a right-handed fencer in a pool bout, the fencers will be swapped in the printed bout order (i.e. 1 vs 3 becomes 3 vs 1.)
- Added the ability to print pools with the provisional referee draw.
- Fixed a bug which prevented announcements from properly displaying on remote monitors.
- On the remote monitor, later repechage and all-places-fenced tables are not shown until at least one fencer is known, or if strips and/or times are set.
- Added an option to display the event format on the remote monitors.
- The remote monitor will now only show pools that have scores present unless the "Show pools without entered scores" option is set.
- A new feed for referee strip assignments is now automatically created for every event for display on the remote monitors.
- Pool strip assignments on the remote monitor no longer show pool number and will display in three columns if possible.
- The "leftward" part of repechage and all-places-fenced tableaus is now shown as a separate tableau on the remote monitors.
- The remote monitor item selection logic has been adjusted to be more effective.
- When selecting the events to include in a remote monitor feed, an option to quickly select all events by day has been added.
- A new condensed "pool summary" view has been added to the remote monitors.
- Fixed a bug in the USFA team point calculation.
- Team events now use the term "Reserve fencer" rather than "Alternate fencer."
- Added a "5..45" button above the team match score entry boxes to quickly fill-in the scores 5-45 for matches where one team dominates.
- Add an option to print one (rather than 3) team scoresheet.
- Editing teams is now allowed when running in operator mode.
- Added a checkbox under the event list to hide finished events.
- Resetting the Fencing Time server database no longer requires re-entry of server license.
- Added an option to use 12-touch DE scoresheets.
- Added an option to just fill the current DE table with random scores, rather than the entire tableau. (Useful for running simulations and testing.)
- Fixed some printing errors when using A4 paper.
- Fixed some bugs in the exporting of results to FIE XML.
- A DT change report is now created when moving competitors between pools in setup mode (for FIE events).
- A DT change report is now created when the pool referee draw is canceled in FIE events.
- A DT change report is now generated when swapping fencers in tableau in FIE events.
- A report is generated when populating a DE tableau showing fencer draws (random placements, swaps due to randomize in pairs) when running FIE events.
- Added "FIE Supervisor" to the tournament staff list.
- Added bout time selection to the Setup Team Match window.
- Added formats for EFC Cadet and Canada Cup events.
- Add print preview to pools sheets and DE tableau.
- Added separator lines at pool cut, 8,16, 32, etc. on the final results printouts for FIE events.
- Added a "Winner Name" box to DE scoresheets.
- Added a DT Change report for pool changes made in setup mode (for FIE events).
- Added a separate report showing fencers with byes past the round.
- Added a simplified user interface for referee draws for the semi-final and final bouts.
- Added an option to print or not print bout times on DE slips.
- Added the "New FIE Tournament" button.
- Added the ability to load specific fencers and/or referees from a FIE XML file.
- Added the ability to mark printed documents as "Corrected".
- Added the ability to print a DE tableau that only shows referee assignments.
- Added the ability to re-import all competitors in an event from a FIE XML file after tournament is created.
- Added the fencer's country to the DE score entry pop-up window.
- Added the ranking of countries report (FE_FIE_0015).
- Adjusted printing to properly print on A4 paper.
- Manually adding a pool referee now creates a DT change report in FIE events.
- Added the option to copy referees from one event to another.
- The term "absent" is now used to represent fencers who do not attend rather than "scratch" when running FIE events.
- Unranked fencers in veteran events are now seeded by age (youngest first).
- Updated the FIE logo.
- When running FIE events, the competitor list now sorts fencers by country by default.
- Added full club names and member number to HTML results.
- Add the print button to round referee list.
- Add referee member number to the tournament referee list.
- Added the university age category to the Canadian Fencing Federation authority.
- Column ordering on referee usage reports now makes more sense.
- When creating a new person, their division and country are set to that of their selected club.
- Can now filter the tournament referees to only show referees assigned to an event.
- Added a confirmation pop-up on exit if Fencing Time is publishing live results.
- Added the event name to document titles.
- Changed the icons for the various Fencing Time support applications (database manager, remote monitor, etc.) to make them more distinct.
- Fixed a problem where the Fencing Time server would not properly install on computers that are domain controllers.
- Fixed a problem where the live results error icon would not appear.
- Fixed a rare problem where the live results were being shown for the wrong tournament when using the Fencing Time server.
- Added the display of referee countries to the live results.
- Added a pop-up asking if you want to re-start the live results if they were running when Fencing Time was last exited.
- Fixed a bug related to seeding the DEs in the Sharks & Minnows pool format.
- Added the pool layout settings used to the pool layout log.
- Referees no longer are printed on "random" pool listing.
- Fixed a bug where pool scores on remote monitors would not display when the "Show pools without entered scores" option was set.
- Added a "show until" date and time for remote monitor announcements.
- Fixed a problem with the display of two-column data (such as strip assignments) on the remote monitors.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when generating the referee usage report for events that include multiple rounds of 64 (such as World Cups.)
- Add an option to "Select today's events" when generating reports that require the selection of events to include.
- Added a strip and time column on the printed team tracking form.
- Made the strip number larger on printed team scoresheets.
- Added referee country affiliations to printed team scoresheets.
- Add the team match bout number (1-9) on the printed team scoresheets.
- Added a space to write the name of the team's coach on the printed team tracking form.
- Added a confirmation pop-up when doing an event-wide membership check.
- Changed club, division, and country drop-down lists to use a "matching" style for easier entry.
3/5/14 - Version 4.03 Interim Release
- Added an option to print DE scoresheets in reverse order. This is useful when using an inkjet printer that stacks the printed pages in reverse order (it prevents the need to re-order the pages before cutting them.)
- Fixed a bug where assigning DE strips by partition/pod causes the 10 minute timers to be reset.
- Made the "Winner To" information on DE scoresheets print in a larger font for easier reading.
- When entering DE scores, the name of the winner's next opponent (or possible opponents) is shown above the score area.
- Added the ability to print new forms for the referee assigner to use to pre-assign referees to pods and the video rounds.
- Fixed a bug which made posting tournament results to AskFRED from within Fencing Time very unreliable.
- Fixed a bug which could prevent Fencing Time from getting the list of available tournaments from AskFRED.
- Fixed a bug which prevented tournaments run with repechage from properly uploading to AskFRED.
- Added a prompt to let the user select what authority tournaments Imported from AskFRED are run under.
- Tournaments created from AskFRED now include a default feed item.
- Fixed a bug which prevented tournament files from loading when the "seed using results from another event" seeding method.
- Fixed a bug where team events seeded from the results of another event skipped the top-finishing fencer when computing the team rank.
- Changed teams to no longer allow duplicate fencers.
- Fixed the Veteran-40 and Veteran-Combined eligible birth years.
- Fixed a bug which could result in the inability to enter scores for fencers unwithdrawn/unexcluded from a pool.
- Fixed a bug which prevented changing a fencer's club affiliations to unattached when using the Edit Fencer window.
- Fixed a problem with the live results index page which prevented the "View" links from working on some iPhones.
- Added an icon to show when live results data is being uploaded.
- Added a popup asking you if you wish to resume live result publication, which appears when you start Fencing Time after shutting it down while live results were being published.
- Fixed a bug where after the pool round was started, the "Display in Seeded Order" option on the View all Pools page starts in the wrong checked state.
- Changed referee selection lists to auto-select matching names as you type.
- Added the ability to print and export the data in the Organize Events window.
- When sorting grid columns with numeric data, blanks now sort last.
- Optimized the speed of the competitor list window.
- Fixed some scaling issues on high-DPI screens.
- Added support for time-limited server licenses.
- Added the new Ghana and Samoa fencing federations.
- Added the U12, U15, U17, and U20 age categories to the UAE authority.
- Added information to the Remote Monitor program describing what decisions the program is making about what information to display. This can be used to understand why specific information is being displayed (or not.)
- Fixed a bug which could result the Remote Montior program from becoming unresponsive.
- Updated the text of the Spanish translation.
- Updated the Server Setup Guide with more troubleshooting steps
- Updated the Fencing Time logo to a new, more modern appearance.
- Installation programs are now digitally signed to prove the authenticity of their origin.
11/20/13 - Version 4.02 Interim Release
- Added the "Start Anyway" button on the screens that display fencer ineligibility warnings at the start of qualifier events. A warning is now shown if you choose to start events while there are still outstanding issues.
- Qualifier events with 3 or fewer fencers automatically disable the "Select rounds automatically based on format" option so that they can be ended without fencing.
- Added a "Swap Clubs" button to the Edit Person window to make swapping the primary and secondary clubs easier.
- Adjusted the Remote Monitor display rules to better handle multiple simultaneous small events.
- When running USFA events, the "Scratch/No-show" option checkbox is no longer shown on the DE score entry popup. This option isn't used (because scratch/no-shows are treated as black cards) and had been disabled, which caused confusion.
- When starting USFA events, the fencer's weapon classifications are checked to make sure they fall within the valid years.
- When starting USFA events, a warning is shown if a fencer does not have a division affiliation.
- When seeding fencers using a point ranking, if two or more fencers are tied on points, they are sorted by weapon classification.
- Added scrollbars on the main window for easier viewing on small screens.
- Made the "Always show menu on the primary screen" option in the Remote Monitor a user-selectable option.
- Changed the default file extension of the Transfer Database Wizard to use .ft4.
- Long event codes now fit properly in their boxes on printouts.
- Made the strip # font larger on the pool summary printout.
- Updated the Spanish translation text.
- Fixed a few typos in the text.
- Fixed a bug in the Remote Monitor where fencers with an unattached primary club showed the secondary club as the primary.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when re-adding a fencer to an event (using "add latecomer") after the same fencer had been removed as "incorrectly entered."
- Fixed a crash that occurred when searching for fencers/referees by nickname.
- Fixed a bug with sorting grids by weapon classification.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when matching similar fencers when the fencer's country was missing.
- Fixed an error where USFA cadet events were being classified as E1 or D1 events.
- Fixed a crash which could occur when verifying the eligibility of fencers and a fencer's country was missing.
- Fixed a problem where the selection checkboxes didn't show on the Assign Referees to Pools grid when running high DPI screens.
- Fixed a problem where a fencer/referee did not update on the database screen after editing their member number.
10/1/13 - Version 4.01 Interim Release
- Fixed a bug which could cause a potential crash when viewing Results So Far and finishing events when running on Windows XP.
- Fixed a problem that prevented the resetting of databases in the Fencing Time Server version.
- Added a check for SP3 when running on Windows XP.
- Fixed some spacing on Live Results.
- Changed the remote monitor to always show the menu on the primary screen, rather than the remote screen.
9/16/13 - Version 4.0 Major Release
- Introduction of the "Fencing Time Server", which centralizes tournament data on a database server. This enables the use of multiple computers to operate on the same tournament simultaneously.
- New concept of "authority" lets you choose which federation tournaments are run under. This adapts the user interface, age categories, ranking systems, regions (divisions), and competition rules to the specific authority.
- User interface is now localized to French, Spanish, and U.K. English.
- New check-in mode allows you to track absent, checked-in, and scratched competitors. Check-in can be done using barcoded membership cards if a barcode scanner is present.
- When checking in fencers, an optional display screen can be used to face the fencer for them to confirm their name/affiliation/etc. data is correct.
- Optionally display warnings when checking-in fencers for expired memberships, unpaid event fees, etc.
- Remote monitors display items are now automatically managed so that you do not have to manually update what is shown on the screens.
- When starting pool rounds, the pool layout display is now integrated into the event window so that you are no longer "locked-into" finishing the pool layout before performing other actions in Fencing Time.
- For USFA events, competitor memberships, classifications, affiliations, birth years, and auto/pre-qualification status for each event can automatically be checked at the click of a button rather than having to import the USFA membership spreadsheet. (Requires a live internet connection.)
- USFA Y10 events now use 10-touch DE scoresheets and Y12 events use 15-touch DE scoresheets.
- USFA qualifier events, as well as RYC, SYC, and ROCs, export the qualifier spreadsheet in the exact format requested by the USFA.
- Changed point rankings to be per-tournament rather than permanently stored in the database since this data changes so frequently.
- Check-in open time can now be specified for each event.
- Check-in list can be filtered by check-in status.
- Referees can now be made available for use on a per-round basis.
- When importing a custom CSV file, the column mapping can be saved for future use.
- Absolute point values can be imported from CSV files for seeding.
- DE bouts now can specify a video referee.
- DE scoresheets now include a space for tracking used video challenges.
- Remote monitors now can display two separate data "feeds" in split-screen mode (either top/bottom or left/right.)
- The alphabetical competitor list can now be displayed on remote monitors including check-in status.
- When starting events, each fencer's membership status is verified and a warning shows fencers without current memberships.
- When running USFA qualifier events, events will not be able to be started if there are any ineligible fencers present or fencer with unknown birthdates or memberships.
- Changed the user interface to show events using a tabbed interface rather than in separate windows.
- Unified fencers and referees - these now are tracked as the same "person" so that data remains consistent.
- Fencers/referees can hold memberships in multiple authorities.
- Added a "pool summary" printout that shows a compact view of each pool with scores and results.
- Pool scoresheets are now barcoded so that they can be quickly located when using a barcode scanner.
- Made numerous improvements to the pool layout algorithm.
- Moved the selection of how many competitors to promote out of the pool round to the start of the round.
- New option to give the top N fencers a bye/exemption from the current round.
- Overhauled pool strip assignment user interface. Strips can now be assigned in multiple flights on a defined list of strips.
- User interface for generating USFA classification change reports and USFA qualifier reports was overhauled and simplified.
- Added the ability to seed teams using just point values.
- When starting an event, a list of absent competitors is shown so that they can be scratched or marked as checked-in.
- Added a column to the competitor list grid which indicates if the fencer has already competed in another event.
- Improved error messages when importing CSV files.
- Referees can be imported from CSV files, both into the database, and as a list of hired referees.
- When seeding DE rounds, the top N competitors can be randomized in pairs (mainly used at FIE events.)
- DE scoresheet type (10-touch, 15-touch, etc.) can be changed when setting up the DE rounds.
- "Winner to bout ID#" and "Loser to bout ID#" message now shown on DE score entry window.
- Team match scores now are entered directly on the DE score entry window.
- Added "No signature" option for DE referees.
- DE bout and team match referees can now be set before the competitors are known.
- DE bouts can now be printed by table.
- Added the ability to swap the positions of competitors in the DE tableau (only before they have fenced their first bout.)
- Changed DE strip assignments to allow changing the strip assignments for each table in the tableau, rather than for the entire round.
- DE strip assignments can now be assigned automatically following a schedule computed by the number of strips available and how much time to allocate for each bout.
- Country flags are now displayed on the DE table for each competitor.
- When filling the DE tableau with random scores, a random referee will also be selected for the bout.
- Added the ability to withdraw/exclude/scratch both competitors from the same DE bout; if this happens, a "Bye" will be promoted.
- Added the final 8 to repêchage rounds. This eliminates the need to run the final 8 as a separate DE round.
- When the repêchage table is seeded, all byes caused by withdrawals/exclusions are seeded at the bottom of the list.
- When using the Turn DE Wizard, you can now set the collation depth for printing DE bouts.
- Added an option to turn of the printing of separator pages in the Turn DE Wizard.
- New option in remote monitor allows background color selection to match strip color (red, green, blue, or yellow.)
- Added referee affiliations and country flags to pool and DE display on remote monitor.
- Added an option to display the scheduled pool time on the remote monitor.
- Remote monitor now can display a custom logo file on the screen header.
- When starting the remote monitor, the output screen can be selected (only when running with a Fencing Time server.)
- Added more options to allow finer control of item scrolling and display changing in remote monitor.
- Remote monitor application is now a standalone program that can be installed and run on PCs to drive multiple remote monitor displays (only when running with a Fencing Time server.)
- Fencers that have been eliminated from the event can now be excluded.
- When checking ages at the start of an event, birth year exceptions are made for underage fencers with points on the proper point list.
- New feature to allow the combining of two unstarted events.
- Added event formats which can be used to automatically set up each round and apply standard rules defined in the format (such as pool promotion percentage, etc.)
- Added wheelchair categories A, B, and C.
- Made AFL pool result option a per-event setting rather than a global application setting.
- Added icons to the event list to indicate the event state.
- Removed confirmation popup when autosave occurs.
- Removed the "Is Sanctioned" event option.
- Changed the New Event Wizard to use a more flexible tabbed interface.
- When seeding FIE team events, the top 4 teams are fixed and the rest are randomized in pairs.
- Tournaments can now be created directly from one or more FIE XML files.
- Added FIE document labels to all printouts.
- Added required FIE DT change reports and detection of changes which require a report to be generated.
- Added all FIE event formats to the set of known formats.
- Added the DT Member report.
- Enabled the "scratch/no-show" option for fencers who fail to appear.
- Added the ability to export FIE tournament results to FIE XML files.
- Printed barcodes now use a smaller, more compact form.
- Added handedness to fencer records.
- Changed birth year to full birthdate in fencer records.
- Added country and member number as fencer and referee search options.
- USFA Classification chart now shown in a window rather than in an external web browser.
- Added an option to not show the Windows print dialog when printing forms.
- Improved the user interface display on high-DPI screens.
- Added tracking of BC/DT Chair, referee assigner, and tournament staff.
- Added the ability to create "grouped" pools.
- Added an option to not print bout orders on pool sheets.
- Added an option to select what a "teammate" is when handling teammate pool bout orders: a club, division, or country.
- Withdrawn/excluded/scratched competitors are now shown at the bottom of the pool with their name and scores struck-out.
- Fixed a rounding error which resulted in incorrect pool results for large pools (pools of 10 or greater.)
- Event abbreviation ("Y14MF", etc.) is now printed in a large font on key event documents (seedings, pools, etc.)
- Improved algorithm for assigning referees to pools while minimizing conflicts.
- Added the ability to view the detailed pool results after an event is finished where the last round was a pool round.
- The pool layout log can now be viewed after the pool layout phase.
- Added bout orders for wheelchair events.
- Added icons to the pool list to indicate the pool state - in progress or finished.
- Reimplemented the ability to specify the maximum score in a pool bout.
- Team events can now be seeded using the results of an individual event run at the same tournament.
- An error now appears if you enter a team match score greater than 45.
- Team matches now allow the selection of three referees plus one video referee.
- Blank team tracking forms can now be printed.
- Team match scoresheets now include barcodes for quick selection.
- Video replay columns were added to the team match scoresheet.
- The header section on the team tracking forms was redesigned to be more readable.
- Birth year is now a column on the Results So Far.
- Strip assignment reports and displays now include a time column (if times are set.)
- Fees collected from scratched fencers are now included in financial reports.
- Added the ability to generate a tournament-wide referee usage report.
- Referee usage reports now include the number of "No signature" bouts.
- Added a "Trainer's Report" which tabulates the number of bouts fenced in the entire tournament.
- Created the event format report which lists the details of the event format.
- Added a tournament-wide report listing total medals earned by each country present.
- Added the FIE tournament "statistics" report which shows the number of fencers in each weapon and gender.
- Added a tournament-wide medalist report.
- Added an option to hide/show strip numbers and bout/pool times in the live results.
- Referee affiliations are now shown on the live results.
- Added the "Strip assignments by club" tab to the live results.
- Added the check-in status tab to the live results.
- A custom logo can be added to the live results.
- The event finish time is now listed on the final results page on the live results.
- Created Fencing Time Database Manager tool for managing server databases.
- Implemented new licensing scheme.
- Upgraded to Microsoft .NET 4.0
10/7/11 - Version 3.03 Interim Release
- Changed USFA qualifier report to allow reporting of SYC/RYC results.
- Added the ability to export classification changes in the new USFA Classification Changes spreadsheet format.
- Fixed a bug related to closing tournaments.
10/3/11 - Version 3.02 Interim Release
- Update qualifier rules with changes to Division I-A (updated Div I-A ROC rule, removed Sectionals.)
- Add integration of AskFRED pre-registration download and results upload.
- Added the ability to create the qualifier results spreadsheet for the USFA.
- Fencers who withdraw from pools (first round only) without completing their pool will no longer count toward the number of fencers present for determining the event classification, nor will their classifications count.
- Fencers who withdraw from pools (first round only) without completing their pool will no longer count toward the number of fencers present when computing qualification percentages.
- Referees listed when assigning referees to team matches are now listed alphabetically.
- Fixed a problem which caused generated HTML documents to not load in Microsoft Word.
- Editing a team member no longer automatically removes them from the team if they are not eligible to fence in the event.
- Fixed a bug where changing a team's captain or name would reset the fencer order
12/6/10 - Version 3.01 Interim Release
- Updated the qualifier rules to support veteran-only ROC events.
- Removed the qualifier rules for U19 and U16 Summer Nationals events.
- Removed team qualifiers since the USFA no longer requires them.
- Added the ability to export RYC, SYC, and ROC event results directly into the spreadsheets required by the USFA for reporting results.
- Event results can now be exported in the FIE XML format.
- Rearranged the columns on the team tracking form to make it less confusing
- Referee first names are no longer abbreviated (eliminates confusion when multiple referees have the same last name and first initial.)
- Pool size suggestions now include more choices in certain circumstances.
- Widened the dropdown list in the competitor window to accommodate long event names
- Updated the USFA logo
- Fixed a bug which very rarely would cause a crash when an event window was closed.
- Fixed a bug which prevented swapping a fencer's primary and secondary clubs at the same time.
- Fixed a bug were the club CSV importer failed to import club names.
6/1/10 - Version 3.0 Major Release
- Fencers now can have their middle name, suffix, and nickname specified.
- Fencer and team nationality is now tracked separately from USFA division affiliation.
- Fencers can now have two club affiliations - primary and secondary clubs.
Introduction of the referee database, which tracks referees and their USFA referee
ratings in each weapon, their division, and club affiliations.
Referees can be automatically assigned to pools while minimizing conflicts with
the club/division/country of the fencers in the pools. Higher-rated referees can
be assigned first.
- Referees can be specified for each DE bout fenced, as well as a "No Signature" option.
Referees can be imported from CSV files exported by foc.askfred.net. This will import
referees with their current weapon ratings and division affiliation.
Upon completion of the event, a report detailing referee usage can be generated
that shows which pools were refereed (including a list of the fencers in the pool)
as well as which DE bouts were refereed (with details of which round and which fencers
were in the bout.)
Upon completion of the tournament, a report showing results for all of the competitors
can be generated. This report includes each competitor's final place in each event,
their division, country, and club info. This report can be used to summarize results
for a particular club/division/etc.
- Clubs now can include a membership number and expiration year.
Membership expiration years can now be viewed and edited for fencers, clubs, and
The layout of the event window has been improved by removing the panel on the left
side and by rearranging the action buttons.
Each event's detailed competitor list is available throughout entire event. This
includes data such as registration fees paid, membership status, etc. - all of which
can now be edited at any time.
- "No-shows" are tracked on a per-event basis, along with their payment info.
The event competitor list now shows a wealth of additional data about each competitor,
and the display can be customized to show as much or as little of this data you
choose. The columns can be ordered and sorted as you choose.
- Event registrations (team and individual) can be imported from a CSV file.
A powerful new search capability allows you to search for fencers, clubs, or referees
using any combination of criteria.
Live event data can now be published to the web every few minutes. This data includes
the daily event schedule, initial seedings, strip assignments, pool scores, DE tableaus
with scores, and final results.
There is no longer a separate Trial Version of Fencing Time. When you register Fencing
Time, you will be provided with a license key that will unlock the full version
When Fencing Time starts, it will check for updates and let you choose to apply
- Extensive testing has been done under Windows 7.
Detailed pool scores can now be displayed on secondary display devices (monitors,
Events can finished without actually fencing them. This is especially useful for
qualifier events that don't actually get fenced because there are too few competitors.
In this case, qualifiers are still awarded and recorded for reporting.
Events can now be seeded using a secondary point list to sort fencers within the
same classification and year.
Custom point lists can now be created and tracked. This replaces the old "User defined"
point category in prior versions.
- Point standings can be imported from a CSV file.
Teams can be seeded using the same formula the USFA uses for team events. This formula
is based on each fencer's classification and applicable national point ranking.
Detailed team match scores can now be provided for pool and DE team bouts. The running
score after each match in the team relay can be entered, as well as noting any fencer
Team events are now tracked with a "team tracking form" which lists each team's
fencer order and opponent for each round.
Pool conflicts now can be avoided for multiple criteria - club (both primary and
secondary), division, and country. Any combination of these can be used at the same
The rules used to decide whether fencers can be swapped due to a conflict when laying
out pools can now be customized as desired.
- The pool layout display has been greatly improved and is much more readable.
Conflicts in pools are highlighted with different colors on the pool layout display
for easy identification.
- Protected fencers are now clearly indicated on the pool layout display.
Fencers can be moved between pools after the round has started assuming no scores
have already been entered for that fencer.
The bout order on the printed pool sheets now includes a place to put the score
and warnings for each bout when using the portrait printing option.
- In youth DE bouts, the score for each bout in the match can be recorded.
DE bouts can be scheduled to fence at a certain time, and this time can be displayed
on the tableau.
A "Turn DE" wizard has been added to speed up the process of printing out documents
needed when turning the DEs.
A new and improved active bout list shows much more information and can be used
to quickly locate bouts, assign strips and referees, and enter scores.
A new and improved DE bout scoresheet has been designed to make it easier for referees,
fencers, and the bout committee to locate the information they are most interested
The bout ID number for each bout is bar-coded on DE bout scoresheets for quick entry
if a barcode scanner is attached to the computer.
The fencer, club and referee databases now use a flexible data grid for presentation
that allows custom sorting, editing, and column customization. A powerful search
feature also allows you to easily find data using multiple criteria.
The Fencing Time database can be reset using a tool on the main menu bar if needed.
This eliminates the need to locate the database file and manually remove it.
The database now can be easily moved between computers using the "Transfer Database
Wizard". In prior versions, moving the database required copying hidden files between
- Canadian provinces are now listed as divisions.
- The option to include "Rare foreign divisions" in division lists has been removed.
Various blank forms can be printed at any time (pool scoresheets, DE tableaus, team
- The Fencing Time logo is now the default logo printed on all forms.
- Blank fencer "bio" forms can be printed.
- The "Organize Event List" has been more disoverable by adding a button to do this.
- The event list can be sorted by event size.
- Most documents can now be printed in either portrait or landscape mode.
Printed documents representing data in on-screen grids now are printed using a proportional
font and can included gridlines and/or alternate row shading.
Columns are no longer truncated when printing reports and exporting HTML or CSV
- Reports now offer a print-preview option.
- The CSV import warning/error summary can now be printed.
- A one-line document header has been added to multiple-page printed documents.
- The email option has been removed - it never worked quite right.
- The "autosave every X minutes" option now defaults to on.
- The options to not use "Fencer Excluded" and pool entry auto-jumping have been removed.
Temporary files created in the Windows temporary folder are now deleted after they
are done being used.
Fencing Time now detects when the user attempts to load AskFRED pre-registration
files as a regular tournament file and provides a custom error message directing
them to use the "New AskFRED Tournament" option instead.
When importing AskFRED preregistration files, or tournament files from another computer,
you can now select whether to assume the imported file data (fencers, clubs, etc.)
or the Fencing Time database data is correct in order to avoid the series of synchronization
Data synchronization and matching can now cancelled when loading/importing tournaments,
AskFRED pre-registrations, or CSV data.
Results exported to AskFRED now includes referee usage data, qualifier information,
team match scores, detailed youth DE scores, point rankings, team seeding point,
and extended fencer name data.
- The "Import Fencer Data from CSV" option has been moved to the fencer database window.
Fencers can be imported directly from the CSV membership files posted on the Canadian
Final results can now be exported in the FFF format required by the FIE and other
- Lists of fencing clubs can be imported from a CSV file from the club database window.
Clubs can now can have duplicate abbreviations & names, but will warn the user
about potential conflicts.
The step where users select an event format when setting up a tournament has been
removed since it really didn't do anything.
The Advanced Event Creation form was removed - all event creation now is done using
- Added the Vet-70 age category.
- Added the ability to mark events as wheelchair events.
- Added a field for "Registration notes" for each fencer or team's registration.
When running USFA NAC events, the special cases for minimum event level as noted
on the Event Classification Chart are now used.
- At the end of an event, users can now override the classification level of the event.
When adding fencers to an event, ineligible fencers can still be added to the event
but a warning will be issued before doing so.
- The "Enforce" options have been removed for the various event restrictions.
The event age limit/gender/level can now be changed even if some fencers will no
longer be eligible - a warning will be issued noting this.
Event seeding can now be done using the built-in set of seeding rules that are used
by the USFA at national events.
If a change to a fencer or team is made that would affect the seeding (such as a
change of classification or point rank), a popup will ask you if you want to reseed
all events that would be affected by this change.
An option has been added to change the behavior of black-carded fencers: whether
to exclude the fencer (and their place remains empty with "Fencer Excluded" listed)
or scratched (the fencer is removed from the event and all other fencers move up
Black-carded fencers will now affect the event classification level - the black-carded
fencers do not count towards the number of fencers present, nor do their classification
count toward the minimum classifications required.
When a competitor withdraws, a reason can be selected (medical withdrawal, black
card exclusion, or "incorrectly entered".)
Secondary display devices now display tables of data with colored alternating lines
for easier reading.
Final results on secondary display devices no longer show birth years or membership
When running qualifier events, black-carded fencers that finish in a place that
would earn a qualification still "take up" the qualification.
When running qualifier events, black-carded fencers affect the number of fencers
considered present, thereby affecting the percentage of fencers that qualify.
- Qualifier events cannot be chosen for mixed gender events.
Qualifier events (except ROCs) will show a warning if non-USA fencers are in the
event, since non-USA fencers are not eligible to fence in qualifiers.
In ROC events, foreign fencers do not count towards the number of fencers present,
and are skipped when awarding qualifications.
Competitors that withdraw or area black-carded during the first round of pools appear
in the final results as "DNF" - Did not finish.
At the end of the pool round, the full round results are now shown on the pool promotion
Promotion percentage at the end of the pool round is now based on the number of
fencers that started the round, including withdrawals and black cards.
When laying out the pools, competitors can easily be moved or swapped between pools
by right-clicking on the competitor.
- A new option will keep the pools sorted by seed during the layout step.
The full pool layout display is now available at all times, and can be displayed
in seeded or random order.
A log showing the conflicts detected and resolved when laying out the pools is now
available for review.
"Sharks and Minnows" pools are now supported. This is a format that seeds the top
fencers into their own pool, and the remaining fencers are distributed into the
remaining pools. At the end of the round, the fencers in the top pool are seeded
1-N based on their results in the "shark" pool, and the remaining fencers are seeded
after that based on their results.
- The structure of the pool options form has been greatly improved.
- A new option allows you to use AFL rules for computing pool results.
- The pool font size is now selected using a slider control.
- A search box has been added to quickly locate a fencer in the pools.
- Pools now print scoresheets in portrait mode by default.
- Pool scoresheets can optionally be set to not draw the result columns.
If a pool's strip is listed as "TBD", the printed pool sheet will show a blank line
for the strip number (rather than printing "TBD".)
Fixed a bug that would cause a save failure when running certain all-places-fenced
Tied seeds in the DE round results now are sorted in the same order as they were
when entering the round. This also applies to tied seeds in the first table of repechage.
- The DE tableau can now be filled with random scores for testing purposes.
- Fixed an issue where time until the next bout was displayed on the wrong DE bout.
- A button to withdraw or black-card competitors was added to the DE score entry popup.
- The DE font size is now selected using a slider control.
- A search box has been added to quickly locate a fencer on the DE tableau.
A warning appears if a DE score is entered that is greater than the maximum allowed
- The "old-style" elimination bout entry form option has been removed.
When printing a DE tableau using the small font size, the tableau will print in
An option has been added to not print DE continuation pages (such as the final bout
when printing the entire tableau.)
- DE bout scheduled start times can be included on the printed tableau.
When printing DE scoresheets, which affiliation (club/division/country) to print
can be selected.
- Fencer classifications have been removed from DE scoresheets.
- The layout of information on the "old style" DE scoresheets has been greatly improved.
DE scoresheets can be printed with 15 (standard), 10 (veteran) or 5 (youth) score
boxes (rather than 29, 19, and 9 respectively.)
- The "Mark Time" button has been moved into the event window.
- Changed the help file to PDF format.
- Fencing Time v3.0 can co-exist with older versions of Fencing Time on the same computer.
- Fencing Time now uses version 3.5 of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
Microsoft SQL Compact Edition is now used as the data store for fencers, clubs,
10/14/09 - Version 2.13 Interim Release
- Updated to support new format of USFA membership CSV files.
- Updated to reflect updated ROC qualifier rules (September 2009)
4/8/09 - Version 2.12 Interim Release
- Fixed a bug where Tournament Qualifier Reports may report incorrect qualifiers.
12/22/08 - Version 2.11 Interim Release
- Fixed an issue where printing was not working on 64-bit versions of Windows.
Changed the default setting for reseeding fencers after showing the Add/Remove fencer
form to "True".
Fixed a problem where fencers with duplicate member numbers on AskFRED caused a
"fencer has been deleted from the database" error message to appear when creating
a tournament from AskFRED.
- Added the determination of veteran qualifiers in qualifier events.
Overhauled team seeding to more accurately seed teams using average ratings of team
members. The new seeding method is based on the official USFA team seeding method,
but currently does not factor in fencer point rankings.
Updated qualification rules to reflect changes made by the USFA in Sept 2008, including
National Open Circuit (NOC) events.
- Qualifier reports now use the official USFA event abbreviations (i.e. "DV3MF")
Qualifier reports now correctly distinguish between men's and women's events when
listing team qualifiers by club.
Excluded competitors are now skipped when determining qualifiers and their "slot"
is awarded to the next eligible finisher.
- Fixed a minor error in the computation of results for APF16 rounds.
- Fixed an error in the ratings used when determining qualifiers.
- Fixed a very rare bug caused by clicking off of the pool score grid.
- Fixed text formatting in the tiebreaker dialog.
1/18/08 - Version 2.1 Release
The algorithm for laying out pools and resolving club conflicts has been VASTLY
improved, yielding more balanced pools (both by rating and club) and, in most cases,
requiring no manual adjustments.
- The pool layout algorithm can now be set to minimize either club or division conflicts.
During the pool layout process, warnings are displayed if a pool contains too many
or too few fencers from a particular club/division. Also, if two fencers in the
pool share the same last name, a warning is displayed to help avoid putting related
fencers together in the same pool.
Qualifier events now handle ties for the final qualification slot and allow you
to choose the winner of the fence-off to determine who qualifies.
DE bout slips now have a unique ID number printed on them. A new toolbar at the
top of the main window contains a text entry field where you can enter the bout
ID number to quickly enter the score for that bout without having to switch to the
event. This allows you to quickly enter bouts from any event when running a multi-event
Secondary display devices are now supported on computers with multiple video displays
(monitors, projectors, etc.) The highly configurable system allows you to set the
display to cycle through showing round seedings, results, strip assignments, DE
tableaus, and more.
Moving tournament files from one computer to another is now a simple procedure.
You no longer need to move database files between computers - simply copy the tournament
file to the other computer and open it in Fencing Time.
Importing fencers and clubs from a comma-separated-value (CSV) file exported from
a spreadsheet is now supported. This allows you to easily import fencer data from
your own spreadsheets.
USFA-supplied CSV files, such as the one available on the USFA website, can be imported
into Fencing Time with no modifications. USFA membership status is automatically
updated based on the membership year reported in the CSV files.
The Event Classification Chart has been updated to reflect the USFA changes to the
A1 event class made in August 2007.
The Event Classification Chart has been updated to display the criteria for B2/C3,
A2/B3, and A2/C3 events.
The Event Classification Chart is now stored in a separate file, allowing easy updates
if the chart is changed by the USFA in the future.
At the end of an event, when ratings are awarded, the option to update a fencer's
rating in other events has been removed since ratings are not considered official
until the USFA receives them.
A new option has been added to mark events as "USFA Sanctioned" or not. unsanctioned
events do not award ratings. This setting can be changed at any time during the
When starting an event, if some fencers do not meet the criteria of the event (and
the limitations are enforced), instead of just showing the ineligible fencers, you
can now choose to start the event anyway and ignore the fact that they're ineligible.
The ability to override the default classification level of an event when awarding
ratings has been removed.
While an event is underway, you can now change whether or not the event is a qualifier
and edit the list of pre-qualified fencers.
- Event dates, times, and fees can now be changed after the event has started.
The number of ranked fencers to protect by default in veteran events has been corrected
to the correct number.
A new "Time Marker" feature has been added which allows you to enter a time-stamped
comment in an event. Events such as rounds starting and finishing, pool scores being
reported, and DE tables completing, are automatically recorded.
The pool layout form now includes fields for assigning strip numbers and referees.
The preliminary pools can also now be printed out from this form. Fencer divisions
are shown on the printed list.
A search feature has been added to the pool layout form to help find fencers in
- The number of pools that are still out is now displayed above the pool list.
When determining the competitors to promote from the pools, you can now manually
edit the coinflips that were randomly generated.
Assigning strip numbers to DE bouts by quadrant or octant is now done using the
"Strip Assignment" button near the other DE buttons.
The DE score entry form has been overhauled to allow the quick entry of multiple
The DE score entry form has been optimized for numeric keypad users. Pressing a
non-number key (/, *, -, +, or .) will move the cursor to the next score entry field.
An option has been added to allow the use of the old-style DE score entry form (where
bout IDs are not used.)
A list of DE strip assignments can now be printed alphabetically by fencer last
Bout sequence numbers, bout IDs, strip assignments, and fencer divisions can now
optionally be displayed on the DE tableau.
The DE options dialog has been simplified to a single page. Options relating to
printing and displaying have been moved to the forms relating to those operations.
DE bout slips can now be printed for all bouts, even if neither competitor is known.
This allows you to print all bout slips for the round at once so that you don't
have to wait on the scores to be entered before printing more.
DE bout slips can now be printed collated so that when you cut them up, they are
already stacked in the proper order.
DE bout slips are now printed evenly spaced on the page so that when cut, they are
all the same size.
DE quadrant and octant notation has been simplified. DE bout slips now always list
the quadrant and octant of the bout listed as "n/4" and "n/8".
Pool score sheets can be sent to Pocket Fencing Time (running on Windows Mobile
5 PocketPC PDAs) and the results can be imported back into Fencing Time upon completion.
Event results can now be separated by gender, as is often done in mixed-gender youth
The seed order can now be viewed and modified before starting an event. An option
to randomize equally-rated fencers after adding or removing competitors has been
added (since randomization will negate any hand-seeding that has already been done.)
The seed order form has been overhauled a bit, and now the initial seeding can be
Seeding for team events is now done without considering the rating of the substitute
Fixed a bug where the printed seed order showed the incorrect pool results (victories,
indicators, etc.) after a combined pool round.
- A new dialog showing end-of-tournament options appears when the last event concludes.
A new summary report can be generated showing all qualifications earned in qualifier
The printed classification change report form has changed to match the layout of
the official USFA form.
- A new report showing the daily schedule of events has been added.
- Fencer ranks and ratings are now listed on the event competitor report.
- The pool score display now can be shown in several font sizes.
- The maximum pool size has been increased from 10 to 32.
Pool score sheets can now be printed in a more compact landscape orientation, which
includes room for noting penalty cards.
- Competitors can now be reordered in a pool anytime during the pool round.
The maximum allowed pool bout score can now be specified when setting up the pool
When running pool rounds during qualifier events, the club & division conflict
resolution option is disabled in pool rounds other than the first one.
When setting up pools, if more than half of the fencers in the pool are from the
same club, the suggested setting is to not use the teammate bout order. This is
determined on a pool-by-pool basis.
Pool options have been consolidated into a new dialog box to unclutter the main
pool display. This includes the "Clear Scores" option used to erase all scores in
A new option allows you to fill a pool with randomly generated scores. This is useful
for when demonstrating how to use Fencing Time or in training new users.
Pool strip numbers and referee names can be edited even after the pool round or
event has finished.
A warning about withdrawing competitors from a pool that have completed all their
bouts has been added to the withdrawal confirmation.
- The visual style of the HTML pool scores has been enhanced.
- HTML results files for all events can now be exported at once.
- Fencer membership numbers can now be printed on sign-in sheets and final results.
- Fencer membership numbers must now be valid numbers rather than free-form text strings.
Most printouts now allow you to select which columns to include in the report. This
is especially useful if you want to not display birth years for privacy.
- When creating events, the default age category is now "Senior".
- The new "Event Notes" button allows you to add comments to each event.
The dialog box asking to confirm the removal of unpaid competitors has been changed
so that it's much less likely that you'll accidentally remove people by clicking
the wrong button.
- Club affiliation can now be turned off when printing pool and DE score sheets.
On DE tableaus, the winner's score is now printed first regardless of whether the
winner was called first or second in the bout.
DE bouts where a fencer withdrew or was excluded now print "Withdrawn" or "Excluded"
rather than showing a score of 0-0.
A bug was fixed which caused incorrect seeds to be displayed on the results so far
in repechage rounds.
If the second place finisher has been determined, the results so far will now always
display the first place finisher.
- When adding a "late" competitor, you can now enter payment information.
A new option lets you specify the default folder to use for saving and loading tournament
- Event dates and times are now set automatically when imported from AskFRED.
- The option to disable AskFRED features has been removed.
- AskFRED functions are now enabled in the trial version.
A warning is displayed if you try to export results to AskFRED when there are no
If a team event on AskFRED contains multiple teams with the same name, they will
be made unique when they are imported.
- A progress bar has been added to show the status of database synchronizations.
- The database synchronization process has been streamlined and is easier to understand.
- A popup is now displayed when saving tournament data.
- The visual style of the menu bar has been changed to a more modern style.
- Accelerator keys are now displayed for menu items.
- A toolbar with common functions has been added under the menu bar.
- A dropdown list on the toolbar lists the currently active events for quick access.
- DE "trees" are now referred to as "tableaus".
- The columns on the Add/Remove Fencer form can now be reordered and hidden as desired.
- Right-clicking on the event list will show a menu option to sort the events.
- Numerous reports can now be sorted by clicking column headers.
- An "Edit" button was added near the event name to make custom event naming easier.
- An error is displayed if an invalid birth year is entered when editing fencers.
Events can now be created from the CSV files exported by the USFA registration database
(normally used to setup tournaments in XSeed.)
Fixed some issues related to file access rights when running on non-administrator
- Upgraded to use version 2.0 of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
1/3/06 - Version 2.0 Major Release
Added support for fencer and team point rankings. Events can be seeded using ratings,
points, or a combination of the two.
- Added support for repechage rounds (from 16 and 32)
- Added support for all-places-fenced-off rounds (from 8 and 16)
- Direct elimination rounds now can include an optional fence-off-for-third bout.
- Bout slips where only one competitor has been determined can be printed.
Bout slips in elimination rounds can be printed with the bout's quadrant or octant.
Quadrants/octants can have strip assignments printed on them.
The seeding at the start of prior rounds is now displayed in the competitor list
when a round is viewed.
The Add/Remove fencer form now allows you to edit the fencer information (name,
club, rating, point rank, etc.) in-place, rather than going to the "Edit Fencer"
- Finished events can be "unfinished" so that scores can be altered if necessary.
- Fencers that withdraw during elimination rounds can be un-withdrawn
- Fencers are now randomized within each pool (except when teammate order is used)
The interface for qualifiers has been greatly simplified, and the USFA qualification
rules were added for all USFA qualifiers (Div II/III, U19, U16, Y14, Junior Olympics,
- Rules were added for team qualifier events (Senior, Div I, U19)
DE trees can now be displayed on-screen in one of five different sizes. For example,
the smaller display modes are helpful for laptops with limited screen space, and
the larger modes are useful when projecting the DE tree on the wall.
DE trees can be printed in one of three sizes. The large size is especially useful
for posting at events.
- Table letter names are now printed on DE tables.
Registration & event fee dollar amounts can be tracked and financial summary
reports can be printed. Fees paid on FRED are imported automatically.
A configurable autosave feature has been added so that the tournament can be saved
every few minutes.
- Added the new Northeast Pennsylvania division to the division list.
Event results can be uploaded to FRED before all of the events in the tournament
have been finished.
- Entire teams can now be black-carded.
- Fixed a bug where, on rare occasions, C3-rated events were not awarding ratings.
- Fencers now only store birth year rather than full birthdate.
When fencers are ineligible for an event, the criteria making them ineligible (such
as wrong gender, too young, etc.) is now displayed.
Tournament files are now automatically stored in each user's "My Documents" folder
in a new "My Tournaments" folder.
- Fixed a bug where pre-checked columns on the sign-in sheet were sorted incorrectly.
Fixed a bug where if a fencer's rating changed external to a tournament file, the
updated rating is used when the file is loaded.
Fencer ratings are now saved at the start of team events to ensure more accurate
Fixed a rare bug in the qualification rules that caused a miscount of the number
of fencers in the field because it failed to include pre-qualified fencers.
- The 10-minute DE bout timer can be set or reset to a specific duration at any time.
Bout timers don't reset to 10:00 if the score is changed after the countdown has
- Bout timers retain their count even if the tournament file is closed and re-opened.
Competitors are no longer reseeded after DE rounds, but rather retain their seeding
when entering subsequent rounds.
The tournament title header only appears on the first printed page of a DE table,
rather than every page.
- The "View Pool Assignments" list now defaults to viewing by name.
Pools now have a "Clear Scores" button used to clear all scores from the current
- Invalid scores in entered in a pool bout now are erased after the warning popup.
If the pool bout score for the winner in a saber event is less than 5 (or 45 in
a team event), a warning popup is displayed since it's most likely a typo since
saber bouts never go to time!
Tied pool scores don't keep prompting you for the winner as you tab through the
score grid. You will only be prompted the first time the score is entered, or if
the score is subsequently changed.
- All references to "Director" have been changed to "Referee"
Minor updates to Fencing Time can be installed via the "Install Update File" option
on the Tools menu.
- The "Include Header in CSV" option has been removed.
The "Show delete club and fencer buttons" option has been removed. The buttons are
now always visible on their respective database forms.
The "Allow Unrestricted Manual Seeding" option has been moved from the Preferences
form to the Seed Order form for ease of use.
The strange scrolling behavior seen on the Seed Order form when moving fencers up
and down has been fixed.
Fencer rating decay is now displayed as a summary list rather than an annoying series
of popup messages.
A new form is shown at the end of each round to let users select the next round
type. Previously, this was only available in "Custom" event formats. Now event formats
can be altered after each round regardless of the event format initially chosen.
When event windows are minimized, an abbreviated event name is shown in the title
The event summary page has been reorganized and has buttons for the reports that
can be generated.
After an event is finished, results are now shown on a new "Results" page rather
than behind the old "View Results" button.
When printing DE bouts, a list of bouts to be printed is displayed. Numerous options
are available to customize the printing of DE slips, such as the ability to fill
a printed page with blank DE bout slips (in the space that would otherwise be wasted.)
The tournament and event panels now have a collapse/expand button to help conserve
There is now a wizard to help walk you through the process of transferring tournament
files to another computer.
The fencer and club databases are no longer present on the left panel. They are
now found under the View menu, where they are displayed in a "spreadsheet" format.
In this form, the data can be sorted and edited in-place.
When printing a sign-in sheet, the list of selected columns is saved so that the
options don't need to be re-selected each time a sheet is printed.
The event class (or possible event class) is now printed on seeding and sign-in
Fencers are no longer automatically removed from an event if they have not checked
in. Instead, the removal of these fencers is prompted when the event starts.
Fixed a minor error where Division I was listed as "D & Above" rather than "C
& Above" in the New Event Wizard.
Under Windows XP, buttons and other visual elements are drawn using the currently
selected system theme.
The current USFA Age Eligibility chart (showing what birth years are eligible for
each age-restricted event) is available on Help menu.
- On team match forms, the order of the teammates is saved after each change.
- Virtually every report can now be printed, emailed, and saved to text, CSV, or html.
- Pool bout order and team bout selection dialog boxes are now sizeable.
The "Create FRED Event" form has been removed. Now, when loading a FRED pre-registration
file, all events are automatically created.
The Synchronize Fencer and Club forms displayed when loading a FRED pre-registration
file have been streamlined to make the differences more obvious so that the correct
data can be selected more easily.
- Fencing Time tournament files are now saved in XML format using the FTX extension.
All files saved as HTML now conform to the XHTML standard. The styles have been
updated to make the pages more readable.
- The XML format of the Fencing Time databases has been simplified and optimized.
- Fencer's "Member Number" is now saved as string so that any value can be stored.
All internal files created by Fencing Time (databases, configuration files, etc.)
are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ Fencing Time
in order to conform with Windows application standards.
- Fixed a problem with locking the file when using a custom logo graphics.
- Changed installer program from the crappy Windows Installer to Nullsoft Installer.
1/3/05 - Version 1.42 Interim Release
Fixed a bug with the national qualifiers which produced incorrect results if a fencer
- Added program version to the splash screen.
11/20/04 - Version 1.41 Interim Release
- Fixed bug where birthdays imported from FRED were appearing as January 1st.
Paid/Here/USFA/Qualified lines are now checked on the printed sign-in sheets if
the corresponding column is checked in the Add/Remove form.
11/11/04 - Version 1.4 Release
- Age restrictions for events can now be enforced if selected to do so.
Events can be designated as a "National Qualifier" when created. Doing so will add
a "Qualified" checkbox to the check-in process where you can mark fencers as pre-qualified.
After the event, a form will display which allows you to apply the qualification
rules (as defined by the USFA) to the fencers to determine who qualified for events
such as Division I-A, II, III, etc.
Events can now be classified using the "combined" classifications: B2/C3, A2/C3,
The Active DE Bout List now offers checkboxes to mark "On-Strip" and "Printed" status
The Active DE Bout List also now lists the round for each bout (round of 16, 32,
Competitors that withdraw during the first round of pools are removed from the event
entirely as if they had never participated.
Team tournament functionality has been greatly enhanced. You can now print out the
team order forms (for captains to define their fencer order) and then key in the
orders and print a team relay scoresheet with all fencers listed.
- The "Add Latecomer" button in the first round of pools now works for team events.
When possible, multiple pool size options are provided. For example, in an event
of 70 fencers, Fencing Time did not offer 5 pools of 6 and 8 pools of 5 as an option.
This option is now offered, along with all other plausible combinations.
- The pool size list now displays the total number of pools for each option.
- Pool and DE score data is now exported to FRED.
- Team tournaments now allow pools of size 2 and 3.
- Events now offer the "Senior" age class, which enforces a minimum age.
- Events now let you set the date and time of the event when it is created.
- The Preferences->Program now offers the option to display last names in uppercase.
The Add/Remove fencer/team forms now have Paid/Here/Member/Qualified checkboxes
for use during check-in.
When starting an event, you have the option to automatically remove competitors
that were not marked as checked in.
- The round times report now computes total run times.
- Results now include competitor's division.
- An event's predicted event classification is now displayed on the summary tab.
Event description is now appended to the event name rather than replacing it. This
fixes the confusion of events not assuming the proper names when imported from FRED.
- Added foreign countries as divisions. Also added "Unknown" as a division option.
Rarely used foreign countries can be hidden from the division lists via an option
on the Preferences->Fencing page.
- The USFA Event Classification chart is now available on the help menu.
- The number of club members is now displayed on the Edit Club form.
- Fencers are now numbered on the printed sign-in sheet.
Event windows that have been minimized are maximized when they are double-clicked
in the event list.
- The USFA logo has been updated to the newer logo.
The "Edit" button on summary tab has been removed. Now, to change the event name,
now click on the name itself.
A checkbox is now present on the Add/Remove Fencer form to hide or show fencers
that are ineligible to compete in the event based on the enforced rules.
- Added a "New Fencer" button to the build team form.
The layout of the pool promotion form has been adjusted so that it fits on an 800x600
Added a new "View Club Totals" button to the pool layout form to display the total
number of competitors from each represented club.
- The DE bout score popup now properly accepts the Enter key to enter the score.
- Added a "Print" button on the Results So Far form.
Added an option under Preferences->Printing to print DE tables and seeding orders
with a larger font for easier reading at a distance.
When printing the sign-in sheet, you now can select which columns to include: Paid
amount, Checked in, USFA member, Birth year, and Prequalified
- On sign-in sheets for team events, teams now list team members, ratings, & clubs.
- DE bout scoresheets now print the Bout Number, i.e. "Round of 16 bout #4"
When printing the seed order, the seed order at the beginning of the currently selected
round will be printed.
You can now print the initial seeding before an event starts. Prior to this, you
could only print the fencers sorted by last name.
- The default filename for tournaments are in the format of "Date_TournamentName.ftt"
- Files exported to be uploaded to FRED now include "RESULTS" in the filename.
Bug Fix: The start and end date are no longer printed twice in tournament name box
and on printouts (for single-day events)
- Bug Fix: A3-classified events are no longer incorrectly reported as A4 events.
Bug Fix: Withdrawing a fencer from a pool while using teammate order reordered fencers,
which made entering scores from paper much harder. Fencers are no longer reordered
Bug Fix: Withdrawing a fencer sometimes didn't erase the bottom score row from the
pool form, which led to confusion and duplicated fencer scores.
- Bug Fix: Changes to DE bout scores now mark the tournament as needing to be saved.
- Bug Fix: "&" characters in competitor names on pool display now display correctly.
10/05/03 - Version 1.3 Release
When exporting event results to HTML, you can now choose to include complete round
details. This will include complete pool scores and a copy of the DE tree.
You can now add a "late" fencer to a pool without having to restart the entire round.
Doing this will not disturb the scores of any bouts that already have been fenced.
This can only be done during the first round of the event.
Entering a score into a pool score box will cause the cursor to automatically jump
to the next box. Prior to this, you needed to manually move to the next box with
the mouse or by using the Tab key. You can change the behavior back to the old way
(no automatic moving) on the Program Preferences screen.
- The pool score boxes can now be navigated using the arrow keys on the keyboard.
- The option to use the teammate bout order is now selectable on a pool-by-pool basis.
The pool display has been overhauled to be easier to use. The pool list now shows
a list of all pools (rather than a drop-down selection list). Pools that have finished
are shown in the list grayed out.
DE tables now have more view options, including the ability to display the tree
from any round (round of 32, 16, etc.)
The DE round now has an "active bout list" above the DE table that shows which bouts
are ready and which are waiting on the ten-minute timers. You can use this list
to quickly jump to a bout on the DE table.
You can now print best 2-of-3 bout slips for youth events and 10-touch bout slips
for veteran events.
You can now generate an email or form which lists all rating changes to be sent
to the USFA after your tournament is done. This is done by selecting the menu item
Tools->Reports->Classification Change Report.
You can now set the event starting time on the event Summary tab. This time is also
printed on the sign-in sheets.
U17 events and younger can only earn ratings if they are C1 or better, as per the
USFA rule change effective 8/1/03.
If using a teammate order results in a pool bout order where a fencer will be stuck
fencing a lot of back-to-back bouts, Fencing Time will ask you if you want to switch
the pool to the standard bout order.
You can view and print a list of all fencers in the tournament (along with their
club and location) by selecting the menu item Tools->Reports-> Competitor
You can view and print a report showing all of the round start and end times for
your tournament by selecting the menu item Tools->Reports->Round Times.
You can now change the tournament name/location/dates by double-clicking on the
yellow information box above the event list.
You can change the event name to a custom name (as opposed to the default one that
Fencing Time generates) by clicking the "Edit" button on the event's "Summary" tab.
Added an optional Member # to the fencer data and search functions to find fencers
by this value.
Added an option to the printing preferences for displaying the Member # on the sign-in
and final results printouts.
- Added city and state information to club data.
- Added the Youth-8 event age category.
Fixed a bug where if a fencer was signed up for an event that had not yet started
and they earned a new rating in another event, their rating was not updated in the
Fixed a bug where A2-class events were not awarding an E rating to 11th and 12th
- Fixed a bug where events with only one competitor could not be finished.
You can now choose to finish an event at the end of a pool round. This fixes a bug
where pool-only events could never be ended.
- Changed the input control for birthdates to from a calendar to scroll arrows.
- Adding and removing fencers from events now happens much more quickly.
- Events in the event list that are finished are shown grayed out.
- Round numbers are now printed on all pool and DE sheets.
- The "Start Next Round" button now turns green when the round can be ended.
- Ratings are now shown on DE "results so far" display.
- The new "DE Options" button consolidates several options into one place.
- Upgraded the FRED integration to support FRED API v1.2
- FRED integration now defaults to ON.
- Upgraded to use Microsoft .NET v1.1.
- Rewrote the autorun program to automatically install MSI and .NET if needed.
11/22/02 - Version 1.2 Release
Added a confirmation dialog to the "Remove All" button on the Add/Remove Fencers
Completely overhauled the DE results computation. Fixed a bug where if fencers of
an identical tie seed fenced each other, they would still be marked as tied in the
Added a warning that some competitors were not checked in when starting an event.
Warning is not displayed if no checks are used on the Add/Remove window.
- Added a link to the Fencing Time webpage to generated HTML result pages.
Fixed a bug where scores were not rearranged if the competitors were reordered in
a pool due to a withdrawal.
Bout order can now be switched from standard order to teammate order or vice-versa
on a per-pool basis by using the View/Change Bout Order button on the pool window.
This makes it easy to change the bout order used if you are not satisfied with the
teammate order generated by Fencing Time.
- Ratings that are technically invalid (older than 4 years) no longer generate error.
Made the Modify Seed Order window resizable for easier rearranging of long lists
- Fixed a bug where the bout order wasn't printed for pools of 2!
Fixed a bug where the Create FRED Event button wasn't disabled in non-FRED events
and therefore caused a crash when clicked.
- Added some blank lines to the printed sign-in sheet for adding walk-in competitors.
Added an option to the Preferences to allow you to disable the printing of fencer's
ratings on all printed forms.
8/16/02 - Version 1.1 Release
- Fixed bug related to rating decay
- Updated event classification table to reflect new Aug 2002 USFA table
- Added new Green Mountain USFA division
- Age-limited tournaments no longer default to "Unrated" (as per new rules)
- Div I events now restricted to C rated fencers or above (as per new rules)
- Added .NET installation confirmation dialog to install process
6/22/02 - Version 1.0 Initial Release